PDA

View Full Version : p2p disconnections

Vonlipvig
15-10-2009, 14:35
Hi all, I've been having a problem with my VM cable internet disconecting within 60 seconds of opening azureus for torrents. I have only noticed this happening this week and at first I thought it was a one off thing. Once I restarted my system the internet was back up happy as larry, so I tried opening again, same problem. I then tried using the program outside of peak times, same problem. I can still download off the internet normally, but am unable to use torrents. I very rarely download anything these days so I know I am not over my 'fair usage'. I have looked all through the VM site and found no information there and I have trawled through countless forums, again with no luck. I am hoping someone here would be able to give me some reason, or even if they are having the same issue.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be fantastic

Welshchris
15-10-2009, 14:37
is it ur actual internet dropping out or just azureus disconnecting?

have u tried getting onto sites when this happens.

Vonlipvig
15-10-2009, 14:42
Whole internet is going down, can't use anything, router says everythings fine, as does the cable modem, just can't actually use internet

webcrawler2050
15-10-2009, 14:46
Whole internet is going down, can't use anything, router says everythings fine, as does the cable modem, just can't actually use internet

Rebooted your modem etc?

Vonlipvig
15-10-2009, 14:51
yup, modem rebooted, router rebooted, the whole thing :(

Welshchris
15-10-2009, 14:52
ahhhhh i think i know what this is.... Port Forwarding problem with the router.

U may find if u disconnect the router and try all is fine.

If this is the case then uve either not setup port forwarding or the router isnt doing it as it should.

Vonlipvig
15-10-2009, 15:23
Thanks, i'll try disconnecting the router and go straight into the modem, see wat happens then. I'm just all confused as It was working fine last week, haven't changed anything and now its playing up :(

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

I have disconnected the router and am now going straight into the modem and it seems to be holding, touch wood!

Thanks alot for the help

Welshchris
15-10-2009, 15:49
if u need the router reconnected then my advice is to setup port forwarding.

This site is a good site for instructions...

http://portforward.com/

Ignitionnet
15-10-2009, 16:24
Hi all, I've been having a problem with my VM cable internet disconecting within 60 seconds of opening azureus for torrents. I have only noticed this happening this week and at first I thought it was a one off thing. Once I restarted my system the internet was back up happy as larry, so I tried opening again, same problem. I then tried using the program outside of peak times, same problem. I can still download off the internet normally, but am unable to use torrents. I very rarely download anything these days so I know I am not over my 'fair usage'. I have looked all through the VM site and found no information there and I have trawled through countless forums, again with no luck. I am hoping someone here would be able to give me some reason, or even if they are having the same issue.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be fantastic

Hi,

This is being caused by Azureus opening a lot of connections and your router not being able to cope with them all. Each connection uses a certain amount of memory on the router and once it's full it's game over.

Reduce the number of connections Azureus opens and this should go away.