PDA

View Full Version : problems at VM with broadband activations?

Ian-S
15-10-2009, 12:13
I've been waiting 2 days for my replacement modem to be taken "off the garden wall" and activated after my old Ambit 200 finally bit the dust, when the engineer was here he said the person on the phone said there was a problem on the network and they couldn't do activations, when I called customer services a day later they said the same thing eventually (once I got to someone that actually knew what they were taking about) but I'm starting to wonder is this is BS.

JSo does anybody know if there is a genuine problem with activating the new installs (VM 256 Modem) or whether I'm being BS'd (RH2 Hersham area)?

Thanks

webcrawler2050
15-10-2009, 12:15
Seems to be a few people saying this. Can anyone in tech support confirm this?

Ian-S
15-10-2009, 13:16
oh my what a story this is LOL.

Yes there is a problem related to installations, but it wasn't my problem.

My problem was, that 2 weeks ago I ordered 50MB Broadband, so when my 20MB Broadband went kaput, someone at VM had been super efficient and already done the work their end in preparation for the upgrade, so as far as the systems at VM were concerned, I was already on 50MB and had a 50MB modem, so when the new modem was installed, the "system" at VM was trying to install a 50MB config file on it.

Naturally I've a 20MB modem, but thanks to a guy called Sarath in the Indian Call Centre I'm all up and running, he had to cancel my 50MB install booking, re-assign my account as a 20MB one, get the correct firmware sent to the modem, confirm it was up and running, then rebook my 50MB install again, all in this took 40 minutes, thank god they don't make you call a premium rate number anymmore LOL.

All the other people I'd spoken to were useless, and I see a lot of complaints about the Indian Tech Support but this time they are due credit where credit is deserved, thank you Sarath!

bbxxl
15-10-2009, 16:55
I'm getting the same story as you - but they have confirmed my account is on 50Mb and my new Modem is 50 Mb.
It was installed on Monday and still no sign of my modem being taken out of the walled garden.
I've been told it should be fixed 'within the next 5 days' :(

Glad you, at least, are sorted :)

Ian-S
16-10-2009, 00:35
phone up and ask to speak to Sarath :)

From what I could gather, the problem is on the 50MB service, I'm half tempted to cancel my install now considering what's happening to you and a few other people.