PDA

View Full Version : Strange File !

migibro
14-10-2009, 17:11
Can someone help, my daughter finally talked me into getting a wireless router and now when i run ccleaner i have noticed it won't clear an IE file named :

C:\Users\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary \Internet\Files\Content.IE5\DQ1WJL1M\109[1]

i am totally checked it out by opening hidden files and folders and it has this :

res://C:ProgramFiles\VirginBroadbandWirless\WirelessMana ger\LOC.dll/oem/109

cannot delete as it won't allow me just keeps saying try again, even tried in safe mode with no joy ! Am i supposed to leave it alone or, or if i am supposed to delete how do i , any help would be appreciated thanks !

Thanks in advance !

haydnwalker
14-10-2009, 17:17
I think it may be the file that contains the config for the Virgin Wireless Manager but I'm not familiar with th VM config software so not 100% sure. Google doesn't help much either

migibro
14-10-2009, 17:25
I think it may be the file that contains the config for the Virgin Wireless Manager but I'm not familiar with th VM config software so not 100% sure. Google doesn't help much either

Tell me about it google schmoogle, it don't tell you anything !

adzii_nufc
14-10-2009, 17:57
Um notice the Words Temporary Files..... You can Delete Or try as Much as you want but if it is a needed path it will just come back.

Is it doing any harm what so ever Because If not Dont Fix what aint broken

Also.. Like the other Guy Said.. Looks Like a VM router Config File.. That needs to be there :)

Sephiroth
14-10-2009, 18:41
It should tell you the create date. If it's way back, does it coincide with an event you can recall?

If it's today, then the file's in use. You might be able to chase it through running services in Task Manager.

I don't have such a file nor directory in my system.

Peter_
14-10-2009, 20:29
Can someone help, my daughter finally talked me into getting a wireless router and now when i run ccleaner i have noticed it won't clear an IE file named :

C:\Users\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary \Internet\Files\Content.IE5\DQ1WJL1M\109[1]

i am totally checked it out by opening hidden files and folders and it has this :

res://C:ProgramFiles\VirginBroadbandWirless\WirelessMana ger\LOC.dll/oem/109

cannot delete as it won't allow me just keeps saying try again, even tried in safe mode with no joy ! Am i supposed to leave it alone or, or if i am supposed to delete how do i , any help would be appreciated thanks !

Thanks in advance !
You will be using the White supplied Virginmedia Netgear router and will have also installed the software from the disk in order to go wireless, so all you are seeing is the software from that disk managing your wireless, if you manage to get rid of it you will lose your connection.

migibro
14-10-2009, 20:47
You will be using the White supplied Virginmedia Netgear router and will have also installed the software from the disk in order to go wireless, so all you are seeing is the software from that disk managing your wireless, if you manage to get rid of it you will lose your connection.

Your a virginmedia staff member so i should take this as gospel then, i must admit it does only seem to disappear when i dissconnect like !

Peter_
14-10-2009, 21:01
Your a virginmedia staff member so i should take this as gospel then, i must admit it does only seem to disappear when i dissconnect like !
You could always try connecting using these 2 methods posted here.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34864636-post15.html

migibro
15-10-2009, 10:37

If this is the case why is the software running an IE file, i don't use IE, why or more so how do i run it through FF !

Graham M
15-10-2009, 11:20
IE is used by many applications to provide a web interface or web access

migibro
15-10-2009, 11:46
Sorry to be a pain but the little bit at the end of the string e:g Content.IE5\DQ1WJL1M\109[1], keeps changing all the time, is this the norm or what !

Graham M
15-10-2009, 11:59
Not at all unusual

Kymmy
15-10-2009, 12:31
Yep, it's only a temp file used by the Internet Explorer Cache and it'll be updated as you use IE