PDA

View Full Version : Best way to send in feedback?

AdamD
13-10-2009, 13:26
I had a problem with my broadband today, it just stopped working

Rebooted the modem 3 times, to no avail
The modem config page said Network access: Denied
And was showing Docsis 1.0
(I'm on the 50mb package)

So I called up and spoke to this guy, who's name I forgot
He was probably one of the best customer service reps I've ever spoken to, he was professional, friendly, funny and kept me uptodate on everything he was doing
He really went above and beyond what was probably required of him and it was really a pleasure to deal with him.

I sent in feedback via the contact us page on VM, but was wondering if there was a more direct route I should follow?
I firmly believe people who deserve recognition for their hardwork, deserve praise, so it'd be nice to be sure his managers/supervisors received it.

janp
13-10-2009, 13:40
I've got the exact same problem, been like it since last Wednesday now. Did you get it sorted? If so anything to suggest on how I can get Virgin to actually deal with it?

AdamD
13-10-2009, 15:01
Moldova, I can't reply to your PM
Just confirming though I think it was Chris.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

I've got the exact same problem, been like it since last Wednesday now. Did you get it sorted? If so anything to suggest on how I can get Virgin to actually deal with it?

Did you call up?
I called and was informed the service had been removed from my customer account, so they had to reapply the 50mb broadband to my account
For some reason they'd received notification that I'd cancelled the phone line installation, so they also cancelled the broadband to

broadbandking
13-10-2009, 15:13
Call back and a rep can pass on your feedback or if you get a email for how satified you are you can add comments on there.

janp
13-10-2009, 15:26
Moldova, I can't reply to your PM
Just confirming though I think it was Chris.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Did you call up?
I called and was informed the service had been removed from my customer account, so they had to reapply the 50mb broadband to my account
For some reason they'd received notification that I'd cancelled the phone line installation, so they also cancelled the broadband to

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I don't think it's the same issue. I've called atleast 6-8times over the past week. Their latest story is that theres a problem with my local exchange which is only affecting 50meg users. I just wish that they would put a status on their website so I wouldn't have to phone in everyday.

I found my way into the modem logs last night, I can see it gets as far as downloading the config file and then restarts the whole process again. I think it's all down to a corrupt config, similar to you for a brief second I get DOCSIS 1.0, Network Access: Denied.
Oh well maybe it will all be sorted by the time i get home :)

AdamD
13-10-2009, 22:18
Yea I've got an engineer booked for tomorrow, he's due to come out between 12 and 4
At the time of the booking the modem wasn't working, it had Network access Enabled/Granted, but was only showing Docsis 1.0 with a download speed of 10mb and upload of 64000.
But the internet wasn't accessible

After getting off the phone, being the impatient one that I am, I hit the reset switch button on the back of the modem and as soon as it booted up, it was back to the normal 50mb and has worked ever since
But I still have a high downstream power level, so I'll let the engineer fix that tomorrow.

By the way, since when did VM have their call center in the UK? I was pleasantly surprised to speak to an English call rep, heh

Stuart
13-10-2009, 22:33
Yea I've got an engineer booked for tomorrow, he's due to come out between 12 and 4
At the time of the booking the modem wasn't working, it had Network access Enabled/Granted, but was only showing Docsis 1.0 with a download speed of 10mb and upload of 64000.
But the internet wasn't accessible

After getting off the phone, being the impatient one that I am, I hit the reset switch button on the back of the modem and as soon as it booted up, it was back to the normal 50mb and has worked ever since
But I still have a high downstream power level, so I'll let the engineer fix that tomorrow.

By the way, since when did VM have their call center in the UK? I was pleasantly surprised to speak to an English call rep, heh

They have both UK and Indian call centres. As I understand it, calls are allocated to each centre pretty much randomly (I suspect it's not, I suspect your call will be directed to the least busy call centre), but you do seem to be more likely to get through to the UK before 8pm.

Ignitionnet
13-10-2009, 23:43
The newsgroup virginmedia.feedback on news.virginmedia.com is a good place to get some feedback down.

Peter_
14-10-2009, 07:02
The are 3 UK call centres for faults, Airdrie, Liverpool and Swansea and 2 Indian call centres in Delhi and Pune.

The 50Mb team is UK based and all other call centres transfer internally to them.

50Mb Support number is 0800 052 0431