PDA

View Full Version : Spotters / contractors....

Gypsie
12-10-2009, 15:24
Hi my new address wasn't in the virgin database so I left a voice message with the address spotters who I got a call from 1 week later. He then came over to flat at 8pm in evening and said yes all is fine and asked me to sign the contracts etc etc ( I didn't get any reference numbers only a copy of the contract)

Is this the normal procedure??? Seems kinda strange to me... The numbers I have for him are local to me and ever since he came over he has been avoiding my calls, well always saying he will call back and never does.

Now my main question is do I keep trying to call this guy, am I tied to him? Or speak to the main virgin helpline? Will they even know about it yet??? My address still hasn't appeared on the main site either.

O and it was 50mb & phone I wanted. Post code is E15

jungleguy
14-10-2009, 08:49
sounds pretty normal to me, getting the house on the data base is easy, the hard part is getting the address serve for 50mb, this can take up to a week, you'll just need to be patient.
You should out of principle deal exclusively with the spotter, remember he came out to see you at 8pm at night, and without him you'd be banging your head against a wall.

Gypsie
14-10-2009, 09:56
Okay fair enough! As long as it's "normal" that's fine.

What is an address serve out of interest?

jungleguy
14-10-2009, 16:17
serve is short for serviceable

Gypsie
14-10-2009, 16:41
serve is short for serviceable

Ah I see, I am going to call him later for an update as my address still isn't showing on their system...

Gypsie
15-10-2009, 16:23
Turned out quite okay! Engineer is coming (well should be....) next thursday and he is waiving the installation charge for XXL BB because of the 3 week delay.

Lovely.

bbxxl
15-10-2009, 17:25
They came to do my 50 Mb on Monday - a straight upgrade from 20Mb.
I've been without BroadBand ever since as they can't register the Mac of the modem due to a server problem.
I've been told it 'should' be fixed within 5 days....

Gypsie
16-10-2009, 11:36
I've been without BroadBand ever since as they can't register the Mac of the modem due to a server problem.

Hopefully by thursday next week then!

Sorry to hear that though :(

webcrawler2050
16-10-2009, 11:37

So you've said, atleast 50000times now. Whilst I appreciate your "frustrated" just give them a call - they will be able to credit you for the "downtime"