PDA

View Full Version : New 50mb install, net keeps timing out

joephe
11-10-2009, 02:34
Just got 50mb installed and having some trouble with wireless, the internet will work fine for several minutes but after a while I'm unable to browse, it just says I've timed out or whatever. This is despite my PC telling me I'm still connected to the network and getting good signal. If I reboot the router or reboot my PC it starts working again.

My flatmates are all connected with cables and their net works fine. My iPhone and PS3 also both work fine using wireless, any ideas?

pabscars
11-10-2009, 03:27
Just got 50mb installed and having some trouble with wireless, the internet will work fine for several minutes but after a while I'm unable to browse, it just says I've timed out or whatever. This is despite my PC telling me I'm still connected to the network and getting good signal. If I reboot the router or reboot my PC it starts working again.

My flatmates are all connected with cables and their net works fine. My iPhone and PS3 also both work fine using wireless, any ideas?

You could try changing the wireless channel to a different number, this just changes which channel the wireless is broadcasting on, as you may be getting interference.

I,m no expert but it might be worth a try.