PDA

View Full Version : PC Guard load failure on additional accounts

ambledl
09-10-2009, 12:32
I run several Vista accounts on a single PC so that, often, more than one account but never more than 3 may be logged in at any time. This makes it easy to switch between accounts (via Switch User) and is thus a great timesaver on a multi-user PC, not an uncommon scenario for your average family PC I suspect.

Sometimes, not always but often enough to be irritating, PC Guard will fail to load on a second login because it claims that PC Guard is already running in another account and I must log out of the first account before PC Guard can run in the second account. Usually, a reboot will resolve this until it happens again. I never experienced this with my previous security provider (McAfee) nor for that matter with any other application which might be running in more than one account.

And doesn't PC Guard in any case allow up to 3 installations on 3 different PCs, for goodness sake? All I am doing is running a single PC Guard installation in separate accounts on a single PC. Evidently this has to be allowed otherwise Vista's Switch User facility is useless. I do so hate to harp on about the ability of customer support to respond in a meaningful way to virtually any query I have but when I emailed them (I don't like phoning because I'm likely to speak to someone I can't understand) about this irritant I was told, you guessed it, that I couldn't run multiple accounts using PC Guard (even though I mostly can) and that I should just do what PC Guard tells me. i.e. be a good boy and go away.

Is there anyone in Virgin capable of taking this obvious bug up with the PC Guard developers? I've tried emailing them directly in the past without reply.

AndyCalling
09-10-2009, 13:53
If you want virus & spyware protection, don't go to PC Guard, go to Microsoft Security Essentials:

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Simples!

xocemp
09-10-2009, 17:51
Call support and they'll have their 2nd line peeps reset the licenses for you.