PDA

View Full Version : 10 MB Broadband, Slow Speeds Last 2 Weeks

Markjp
07-10-2009, 20:45
Hi

I have been experiencing slow download speeds on my 10 meg service for the last 2 weeks. 2-3 meg is quite common during the evening and sometimes goes below 1 meg. Later on in the evening, say around 10.30 speeds tend to return to normal, which for me has consistently been in the high 9's since I've had the 10 meg service, until now!

I've tried to ring Faults these last two evening but last night the call kept getting disconnected and tonight I gave up after waiting 45mins.

I've downloaded some stats from the modem. Can anybody tell me whether they show any likely problems as I'm afraid I don't understand what I'm looking at.

Cable Modem Downstream
Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 7
Downstream Frequency : 330750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM64
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : 4.0 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 36.9 dB

Cable Modem Upstream
Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 2
Upstream Frequency : 37500000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 49.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Thanks

Mark

caph
07-10-2009, 21:52
Mark, due to it being time based, it is unlikely that it is a problem with your equipment. It sounds like your UBR is oversubscribed.

Post on the newsgroup and find out if it is. If it is then could you add a post to the thread "Oversubscribed UBRs" to let everyone else know?

Markjp
07-10-2009, 22:05
Mark, due to it being time based, it is unlikely that it is a problem with your equipment. It sounds like your UBR is oversubscribed.

Post on the newsgroup and find out if it is. If it is then could you add a post to the thread "Oversubscribed UBRs" to let everyone else know?

Sorry to be dense but what Newsgroup are you referring to?