PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media TV unavailable in my area...?

nick_j5
07-10-2009, 19:23
I move into my flat on friday and have been enquiring online to get a virgin media package including broadband, phone and tv.

The problem is that it says TV is unavailable in my area where as phone and broadband are fine. All other flats on the street can, it seems to be just mine. The house has two cables coming out of the wall, one is a a normal tv cable I think but I am not sure what the other is as I have not been able to check.

I rang Virgin who were no help really so I was just wondering if anyone knew what the problem was and how I can get around it. Will virgin have to install a new TV cable for me to have access to their telly package?

Ta!

m419
07-10-2009, 19:52
No, it could be a problem with there database, I don't see why all other properties can get it whilst you can't.

Furthermore, as its a digital area,a digital street and that you have the available cables needed then there should be no reason why can't get Virgin TV.

Which area are you in?

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/unserviceableLeads.html

Fill in that form and the spotters will investigate it further.

nick_j5
07-10-2009, 20:07
burley in leeds

I think you may be right. I have been in contact again and theyre going to send out a spotter to check the place as it comes up as cabled on a different database. Im expecting a call tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

m419
07-10-2009, 20:13
You should be ok. The only areas with serious problems with Digital TV are

Westminster
Milton Keynes
Slough
Leicester
City of London borough(Not greater london as a whole)
Shepherds bush area of london
Southampton

And a few more.

NOTE: please becareful when putting information such as post codes ect.... this whole site is visible on search engines and you could end up with spam! I would suggest that you remove it or at least the last part of it for your own protection.

nick_j5
07-10-2009, 20:25
yeah your right, thanks!

jungleguy
08-10-2009, 22:21
Don't forget Martlesham Ipswich, right by the BT research center that laid that rubbish. That's also Analogue

m419
11-10-2009, 10:06
Thought BT would have something to do with,although, its not as rubbish as BT want you to believe,those ex-BT franchises can be upgraded but do you really think BT wants to do so, it helps Virgin Media compete with BT's 21st century plans, so BT makes it very hard for Virgin Media by charging them a very high lease,restricting Virgin Media rolling out its telephone infrastructure in such areas and trying to make them pay a very high cost for upgrading such franchises.

jungleguy
11-10-2009, 10:16
I've heard a rumor these areas are gonna be upgraded. Kind of contradicts what I've said about these areas being upgraded, in the past in other posts.