PDA

View Full Version : Problems in Barnsley Area?

mattb37
05-10-2009, 15:45
Hi, my cable broadband has been down since Saturday (3/10/09) night. I have seen a ticket on virgin media status but no updates have been posted since it was raised.

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do?ticket=1095753

My postcode starts S70, anyone else having problems? Phoning Virgin will be a last resort after my previous problems with them.

Thanks
Matt.

bomber_g
05-10-2009, 16:04
checked the ticket and the network issue was resolved late last night.

Reboot your router and see if it comes back up - I am assuming you have an ADSL connection, as that is what the ticket relates to...

mattb37
06-10-2009, 01:34
Hi, still having problems right now. A family member tells me they were able to use the broadband at some point today but it has disconnected yet again so my connection is intermittent.

I have cable broadband, lights lit on the modem are power, enet and sync. The ready light is flashing with a constant pulse with the send light also flashing rapidly in a loop going off at some times. My receive light is completly unlit and is not doing anything.

What are Virgin doing if anything with my connection, this is making me angry as I personally haven't been able to use my internet service for the past 3 days. This is another disappointing lack of service after my previous issue concerning my broadband was eventually resolved.

Why are Virgin doing what appears to be cutting my connection during certain periods, maintenance or have they screwed something up. Luckily I have a G1 phone so I can get limited access to the internet which is vital because I run an online business!

Any thoughts other than calling unhelpful technical support.

Matt.

faisalabadi
06-10-2009, 12:09
that hppened with me for a week a few months back

bomber_g
06-10-2009, 12:26
Hi there, if you pm me the Mac of you device behind the modem (NOT YOUR MODEM MAC) ill take a look.

from what your telling me though, the me the modem is syncing up but not able to pick up and IP / gateway. try taking the power + coax out the modem, plug the power back in, wait till the sync light starts flashing (10 - 15 seconds) then screw the coax back in. Doing this makes the modem drop it's config and try to re-sync.

mattb37
06-10-2009, 14:20
Everything is working fine now the problem only seems to be during peak hours at night. I will keep an eye on it and post back if it drops again tonight.

Thanks.
Matt.