View Full Version : Unexpected utilization spike

Hazanko
02-10-2009, 20:34
Okay this is a response i got from the newsgroup tech guy:

"I can confirm that we are currently experiencing an unexpected spike in
utilisation on your UBR. Looking at the UBR utilisation history I can see
that this isn't charectaristic and that the load on your UBR is normally
quite 1"

The problem is that it happens more often than the guy suggests. There have been a number of occasions that there was a utilization spike found.

He also doesn't seem correct about the UBR being quiet either. I've posted a few responses from the tech guys not that long ago and they said there was high load.

I'm just wondering if utilization spikes can be fixed because right now my speeds are dropping much lower (1mb) and it's making hard to use the internet.

broadbandking
02-10-2009, 23:45
As its only spiking not constent they won't do anything unless its hitting 99% for a while they will do something.

Ignitionnet
02-10-2009, 23:55
As its only spiking not constent they won't do anything unless its hitting 99% for a while they will do something.

Have to love the Telewest approach to capacity planning, let the ports burn until enough people complain ;)

Hazanko
03-10-2009, 20:16
Yeah it's annoying. Sometimes i post and the say the UBR is fine and other times they say there is high utilization or spikes.

Sometimes my speed is fine and other times my speed is 1mb. It's a big problem with games cause when speeds are soo unstable it causes bad lag issues.

Unfortunately Virgin don't care unless it goes slow all the time. I sent another complaint to the ISPA and also a complaint to Virgin themselves but Virgin didn't respond, no surprise. It's a shame they have such a backwards way of solving issues.

I doubt they will fix it unless i get 0.00kb/s or something.