PDA

View Full Version : Is my welcome letter different from my welcome pack?

pjo123
02-10-2009, 00:03
Hi all.

Have received my welcome pack and it says there are details of how to register on-line in my welcome letter.

I have a card with my account number and internet user name and password on (although the user name and password look very generic, so I suspect most new users get this one to sign up with?)

But I presume details of my email address etc will be in a different welcome letter given at install (as I need an email address to register for ebilling etc)?

Many thanks

BenMcr
02-10-2009, 00:54
You create your e-mail address after the broadband has been installed - it is part of the activation process

pjo123
02-10-2009, 12:44
Thanks

hemelvirgin
02-10-2009, 15:07
hi,

my installation date is 8/10/09 for the VIP package.

what are peoples experience in getting contracts etc before installation date.

only had the direct debit permission letter this week.

thanks in advance

pjo123
02-10-2009, 19:00
hi,

my installation date is 8/10/09 for the VIP package.

what are peoples experience in getting contracts etc before installation date.

only had the direct debit permission letter this week.

thanks in advance

My installation is tomorrow. I received the contract to sigh and conformation of the install date yesterday (also received a phone call yesterday and a text yesterday confirming install)

hemelvirgin
02-10-2009, 20:23
hi,
thanks,thats cutting it fine for you to check over evrything ie small print etc

wil give it a few more days then i guess

BenMcr
03-10-2009, 08:47
You do have 28 days after any install to change your mind or resolve any pricing issues

and the smallprint can be found here www.virginmedia.com/legal (http://www.virginmedia.com/legal)

hemelvirgin
03-10-2009, 10:19
hi,

thats all very well but what about the hassle of re-joining bt,btbroadband & sky.

name any other major organisation that sends out contracts almost before you join:confused:

BenMcr
03-10-2009, 10:35
When I first had Sky I had the contract two weeks after the engineer turned up - oh and the Smartcard turned up one week after as well ;)

mabrookes
08-10-2009, 16:14
I came here to ask the same question, except my installation was this morning and I still have no idea what my email etc is :S Nothing was mentioned about it, i just have my account number and the generic username and pass. What should I do?

On top of this the connection I got this morning stopped working within 5 minutes. And after an hour of trying to fix it myself, I rang Virgin to find that the installation charge I shouldnt have had was on my account, and this with the connection charge took me over the £60 credit limit so my account was blocked!

After 30mins on the phone I now know that ill have the connection back in 2-24 hours :( Not a good start.