PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Activation

co103
26-09-2009, 15:26
Can anyone tell me if its normal for the residential broadband activation to take ages then announce " Service Temp Unavail " ??
Im trying to reg my father in laws modem and it just wont connect properly. Sig lvls are fine and i`ve tried it at two different locations.

Any help would be grately appreciated.. Thanks ..

Kymmy
26-09-2009, 15:27
Just ring up VM, they can activate the modem over the phone

co103
26-09-2009, 15:28
Thanks Kymmy, i tried that too and the number went n/u :) .. hahah must be Saturday :)

Peter_
26-09-2009, 16:56
The number to call for Activation if setting up a new account is 0800 953 9500.

Or the to call Faults is 151 from your Virgin Media Phone, It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

Welshchris
26-09-2009, 17:00
Can anyone tell me if its normal for the residential broadband activation to take ages then announce " Service Temp Unavail " ??
Im trying to reg my father in laws modem and it just wont connect properly. Sig lvls are fine and i`ve tried it at two different locations.

Any help would be grately appreciated.. Thanks ..

tried what in 2 different locations?

co103
26-09-2009, 23:34
tried what in 2 different locations?

Hi Welshchris.. FYI I tried the cable modem at two different addresses to make sure it wasnt cabling or pc issues.

It appears that the modem would not activate due to congestion. I managed to get this to reg after 23:00hrs tonight. Im on it now making sure it works.

Thanks to all of you that took the time to reply. My father in law will appreciate it as it keeps the mother in law sweet and away from the V+ box :) lol - Thanks again guys (and girls) ...

Welshchris
27-09-2009, 02:42
trying a modem at a different address wouldnt make a difference as it wouldnt work

watzizname
27-09-2009, 22:57
trying a modem at a different address wouldnt make a difference as it wouldnt work

Well i used to take mine over to my sisters all the time, when i was house sitting, as she only had 2Mb, and it always worked fine.

Far as i'm aware, it's not address specific..

Graham M
28-09-2009, 07:55
Well i used to take mine over to my sisters all the time, when i was house sitting, as she only had 2Mb, and it always worked fine.

Far as i'm aware, it's not address specific..

Address Specific, no, Area specific, yes

co103
29-09-2009, 10:53

I know that .. I was eliminating the fact that the address I was originally at didnt have cabling issues or signal level problems. As it turns out it was the activation server.. Thanks for your input though.

Both addresses are in the same franchise so no issues there :)