PDA

View Full Version : Help with new house/sync issue

sammc
24-09-2009, 14:11
Hi, i have just moved into my student house, and while one guy has his internet working, i cant get mine to.

In each room, theres a little NTL cable box, and we all have wired cable routers. And the service provider is Virgin, but some of the routers say ntl on them, even tho they are the same.

I've tried 3 routers, 2 cables, in 2 differerent rooms. and i cant get it working.

No matter which i switch on first (pc or router) i always get a power(solid) enet(solid) and sync(flashing) on the router. and when i go to the router page, (192.168.100.1) it shows a sync error (84000100).

My Pc is new, and running on windows XP, at home im on sky broadband, (non-cable) and that works fine.

Any help would be great!
Thanks
Sam

pigpen
24-09-2009, 16:32
First, you're confusing modems with routers, just to get the terminology correct.

Second, you can only connect a specific modem to a specific cable, they're not interchangable (unless your student accommodation has been wired differently, but I doubt it). Is there any chance you've got them all mixed up from swapping them around trying to make them work?

It sounds like you'll need to give Virgin a ring to sort it out for you anyway.