PDA

View Full Version : Fixing My Nieghbours Sky+

adzii_nufc
24-09-2009, 11:22
Well My Nieghbours Sky+ is playing up and I went into the back garden to see Chav's that hang around outside have severed the Cable running down the wall... What do the police do.. **** all

First things first Sky said It'll cost him So i said *******s ill do it

1) Is it coax cable.
2) Just to confirm you need Two feeds running from the LNB to the Box?

Kymmy
24-09-2009, 11:27
If it's sky+ then yes two feeds are needed. Any decent quality sat cable will do, just make sure it's 75ohm and preferably double shielded.

Just be aware that there is a voltage running on that cable (no where near enough to harm a person, but any shorts could blow the LNB power supply so make sure that the box is turned OFF (NOT STANDBY) before you do any work on the cable

adzii_nufc
24-09-2009, 11:31
Yep gotcha Thanks for your help Turned the box off Going to get a good 10 metres of cable lol

Starting at 12ish so will Update when i finished to Hopefully say It was Succesful

Kymmy
24-09-2009, 11:34
Just be carefull when at the dish...

1# it tends to be a few metres up and a drop that far can injure you..
2# Try not to move the dish at all as even half a degree can make a difference between a good or bad signal

Graham M
24-09-2009, 11:35
Is it a fairly neat cut? If so you could get some F-Connectors and Couplers and then its just a case of making the joint rain proof, the Twin cable Sky+ uses is pretty expensive

LondonRoad
24-09-2009, 11:36
It might be an idea to cover the cable with some protection up to chav height if that's where they tend to loiter.

Kymmy
24-09-2009, 11:37
Is it a fairly neat cut? If so you could get some F-Connectors and Couplers and then its just a case of making the joint rain proof, the Twin cable Sky+ uses is pretty expensive

It might be an idea to cover the cable with some protection up to chav height if that's where they tend to loiter.

If it's being recabed then probably best to reroute than either rejoin or recable in the same place :tu:

adzii_nufc
24-09-2009, 11:45
Nah when im finished im getting some metal casing And screwing it all to the wall... Its similar to the Office casing on walls.. Covers the wires

zing_deleted
24-09-2009, 11:46
and the chavs will get an axe lol

LondonRoad
24-09-2009, 11:49
Nah when im finished im getting some metal casing And screwing it all to the wall... Its similar to the Office casing on walls.. Covers the wires

Do you think it would be illegal to make it live? 240 Volts would help deter anyone from tampering with it. :D

Added benefit of stopping dogs p!ssing on the side of your house.

Kymmy
24-09-2009, 11:50
Yep, I found that as soon as you make something secure the idiots will take it as a challange...

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Do you think it would be illegal to make it live? 240 Volts would help deter anyone from tampering with it. :D

Errrr, NO...

But a sign saying danger live high voltage cables might work :)

adzii_nufc
24-09-2009, 13:38
Lmao Im finished Now Thanks for All your help. Perfect Signal Job done :)

got the casing up too...Difference is Someone is always in One of these houses So im sure we will hear chavs giving it a go :)