PDA

View Full Version : Do they Actually Do anything When Upgrading to 50mb

adzii_nufc
23-09-2009, 07:21
Right I've got 50mb at My Mothers House But wasnt around for the Install Now im Looking at Moving from 20mb > 50mb from My grandmothers where i've now moved into in the last few days

1) I have tampered with Virgins Rubbish Wiring ( Wire cutters used to Clip new Cable due to the Copper bit being way too bloody small)

2) Split the cable and used a T-Junction to Use my Modem Downstairs So I can Play all my consoles online downstairs :) Which I believe is perfectly fine

3)I'm running 20mb off a NTL 250 Modem, But At Home I got a new Modem Will they do this again? I love this Modem, Brilliant Blue Thingy!

So what will they do because I really cant be arsed with them Digging up everything last time they were here and I dont want my T-junction Robbed Because They dont allow it..

All I have is Virgin Broadband and Sky+HD No home phones etc.

Monthly Bill is 37-38 Didnt get Line rental with them

Questions.

Whats the Procedure?
What will the New bill be ..Now 37Pm >>
Will virgin kick my ass for Making a new Installation for downstairs?
If so and i tell them it was their Shoddy work that made me do it what will happen lol

Mothers house Bill is Like 78-80 quid ..TV Broadband Phone

Thanks In advance adzii

Really want 50mb in this household

Raistlin
23-09-2009, 08:13
Anything behind Virgin's modem (their cabling, their connectors, etc) is theirs and not yours to bugger around with.

If they come out to your house and feel that they have to redo the connections/wiring as a result of your tampering then they're probably going to charge you for it.

The 'Procedure' is that you call them, tell them what you want, they send an engineer out to install it, and then you get charged whatever they need to charge you.

As to whether or not they'll kick your ass :shrug: who knows - to be honest they might just ignore it, or they might just redo the wiring, if you get right on the wrong side of someone they might even refuse you service (although that's unlikely I would have though).

Oh, and everywhere I've referred to you above you should insert your Grandmother if it's her that's paying the bill.....if she's the person responsible for the account they'll need to deal with her.

adzii_nufc
23-09-2009, 09:59
Lol Thanks for the Info but if the Idiots Installing the 20mb Had done a good job I wouldnt have to mess around

I mean i was Losing Sync Constantly And when I unscrewed the main Coax the copper was nearly non existent :|

I clipped it and made it longer... Problem solved

As for the Living room Modem thing I bought the cable and done it myself which i dont think should bother them much if i simply just revert back to the old connecter when they come back

If its just a straight Upgrade why cant they just post me the Modem.. :S

My little story of virgin Tryna install cable to my Grandmas Home

They come and Claim they cant find the Little black Sink that runs the wire from the Green Box to The outside of the House

He Has to get the council to dig some crap up... So they dig everything up as Council members do

I walk to the edge of the gate and Look to my right to see the Little black sink.. Council Laugh..VM guy gets a load of crap apparently

pigpen
23-09-2009, 22:51
You get a new modem, the 250 isn't compatiable with the DOCSIS 3 network the 50Mbit runs on. You can't have self install (I asked), the engineer has to check your levels are good enough to receive the service.

Mine was a simple plug in and go job, no tweaking required. I get 50Mbit all day and all night no problems.

My last bill was £67 for basic phone, XL TV and XXL broadband. I have one or two discounts applied :)

broadbandking
23-09-2009, 23:04
The tech prob won't care what you have done as he will just want to do the job make sure its ok and then leave for his other jobs, don't worry too much.