PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline Fringe : Season 2

zing_deleted
18-09-2009, 18:07
Enjoyed the first episode. Starting off being a bit peeved thinking Olivia was actually dead and gonna be written out. Sussed the ending though. Glad its back

Tezcatlipoca
18-09-2009, 21:32
Yep, good stuff :)

Yeah, I did initially wonder whether they introduced the new FBI woman as a replacement for Olivia.

As for the new woman, I wonder if she'll join the team permanently? With the Bible stuff at the end, looks like maybe she's seeing the various "Pattern" events as things out of Revelations or something? Wonder if she has an agenda of some sort?

As for the ending... yeah, guessed that too.

When they all ran to find Charlie standing there, I kept thinking "check his mouth, check his mouth!". How long will he last though, as surely Olivia will eventually notice something's up as he (presumably) won't have Charlie's memories or anything.

Did you notice the reference in the Senate hearing to the previous "X classification" also costing loads of money before the Fringe Division? Little X Files reference maybe?

Kymmy
18-09-2009, 21:55
Perhaps the girl is Charlies replacement as he's obviously dead

cimt
18-09-2009, 22:19

That's what I was thinking. Charlie was like the official guy in the FBI to help with with cases etc. So I think she has replaced him, plus she knows too much to simply go back to her normal job.

My question is why was there 2 bodies? 1 Charlie and also the Doctor. Because the othertimes there was one body (the person they transformed into).

Tezcatlipoca
18-09-2009, 22:24

Obviously dead to the viewer.

As far as Olivia & co are concerned though, Charlie is still around & successfully shot & killed the shapeshifting assassin.

That's what I was thinking. Charlie was like the official guy in the FBI to help with with cases etc. So I think she has replaced him, plus she knows too much to simply go back to her normal job.

She's too junior to have the same role as Charlie.

My question is why was there 2 bodies? 1 Charlie and also the Doctor. Because the othertimes there was one body (the person they transformed into).

Two bodies from two transformations.

Killer changes into the Nurse, leaving...

Body 1: The real body of the nurse.

Then, killer-as-nurse later changes into Charlie, leaving...

Body 2: The real body of Charlie.

zing_deleted
18-09-2009, 22:40
Yep, good stuff :)

Yeah, I did initially wonder whether they introduced the new FBI woman as a replacement for Olivia.

As for the new woman, I wonder if she'll join the team permanently? With the Bible stuff at the end, looks like maybe she's seeing the various "Pattern" events as things out of Revelations or something? Wonder if she has an agenda of some sort?

As for the ending... yeah, guessed that too.

When they all ran to find Charlie standing there, I kept thinking "check his mouth, check his mouth!". How long will he last though, as surely Olivia will eventually notice something's up as he (presumably) won't have Charlie's memories or anything.

Did you notice the reference in the Senate hearing to the previous "X classification" also costing loads of money before the Fringe Division? Little X Files reference maybe?

yeah it raised a grin

Kymmy
18-09-2009, 22:42
Yep, the nurses body wasn;t found originally so had to have been stashed in the basement..

The worrying thing though is that wouldn't he have had to have changed and redressed the nurses body???

zing_deleted
18-09-2009, 23:00
how many episodes do you think its gonna take before he is outed and killed?

Tezcatlipoca
18-09-2009, 23:04
Yep, the nurses body wasn;t found originally so had to have been stashed in the basement..

The worrying thing though is that wouldn't he have had to have changed and redressed the nurses body???

Yeah, must have done, as well as changing his clothes twice.

- Kills the nurse, takes her clothes, hides her body.

- Attacks Olivia & gets chased off.

- Kills Charlie (after first being shot, or shot at, by him), takes his clothes, hides his body. Drags out the nurse's body, puts her clothes back on her body, then shoots her.

The shots that Peter & the new agent heard must have been the shots fired by the fake Charlie into the real nurse's body, 'cos if they heard the shots fired by the real Charlie there's no way the killer would have had time to shapeshift + put Charlie's clothes on + hide Charlie + re-dress the nurse before Peter & the new agent turned up.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

how many episodes do you think its gonna take before he is outed and killed?

Dunno. I can't see them stretching it out too long.

I guess he's going to keep an eye on Olivia, & see if more of her memory comes back before then trying to kill her again.

But surely Olivia will notice something soon. He'll say or do something that "isn't Charlie", he won't know something he should know, etc. Maybe the conversation the real Charlie had with her about his partner being killed will come up again.

cimt
12-01-2010, 13:43
There's a huge WTF moment in the latest episode. It's because the episode was originally for season 1 but was delayed for some reason. So no, Charlie isn't back from the dead. ;)

Tezcatlipoca
01-04-2010, 16:46
Heads up: New ep. tonight on FOX, and next week on Sky One.

zing_deleted
01-04-2010, 17:03
Bones is back tonight also but I have to wait till June for Lie to Me

zing_deleted
02-04-2010, 17:20
excellent restart good storyline filled a lot of holes :)

cimt
02-04-2010, 20:09
Excellent episode. See how young John Noble looked compared to how he looks now as Walter.

Tezcatlipoca
02-04-2010, 20:30
I liked the retro intro :D

*Very* good episode. Also makes me wonder even more if "Walternate" is the Big Bad.

alferret
04-04-2010, 16:55
I liked the retro intro :D

*Very* good episode. Also makes me wonder even more if "Walternate" is the Big Bad. course he is, getting revenge for peter will be his highest priority, must say as mentioned super episode, walter looks great, must have been using one of those olay products :)

NoKnowledge
08-04-2010, 17:48
I just catched up on Fringe from last week. I loved the 1985 Fringe intro.

If Fringe was to have aired in 1985 that's exactly how the intro would have been

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sXVCMeSeQc

Tezcatlipoca
24-04-2010, 01:00
Very good ep again this week (although not as good as the one with RoboCop last week).

Another clue that Walternate is the Big Bad? When the deformed Shapeshifter was dying, he specifically looked at Walter, held Walter's hand, & said sorry to him (as if he had failed him, it seemed to me).

Tezcatlipoca
09-05-2010, 23:38
WALTERNATE!!! :D

This gets better & better.

NoKnowledge
09-05-2010, 23:52
Any chance of some spoilers, Matt?

Tezcatlipoca
09-05-2010, 23:55
In what way?

NoKnowledge
09-05-2010, 23:58
Anything peculiar?

Tezcatlipoca
10-05-2010, 00:04
- Walternate has been confirmed as the Big Bad, & has found Peter.

- Newton was back.

- Peter met a great small-town Sheriff who I think would make a good returning character.

- Walter is not fond of Toaster Patries, as they are "Delicious, strawberry-flavored death!"

zing_deleted
10-05-2010, 00:36
yeah good episode.

We all knew it was alternate Walter didnt we lol strange isnt it though how the alternates are more technologically advanced but they had all that trouble getting Walter across where our Walter did it easy years ago lol

cimt
10-05-2010, 00:45
What happened to that body that was stolen earlier on in the series? I was under the impression that he was the big bad to begin with, unless that was Newton.

zing_deleted
10-05-2010, 00:46
the body was Newton iirc

Tezcatlipoca
10-05-2010, 03:42
Yep, the body/head was Newton.

Kymmy
10-05-2010, 10:00
Didn't think much of last weeks flashback episode but all in all especially with this weeks episode the show's gone from strength to strength..

zing_deleted
17-05-2010, 11:18
Over There part one very good episode really looking forward to the finale and season 3

Tezcatlipoca
21-05-2010, 00:30
Yup. I have liked this series since the (slowish) beginning, but it really has been getting better & better throughout season 2.

Can't wait for the finale, & roll on season 3! :)

Kymmy
25-05-2010, 17:37
Unlike my partner I stuck with watching S2 of Fringe, and after the finale I'm glad I did.. :D

Xaccers
02-06-2010, 11:40
Watched the finale on the way to work this morning, and but, but but!
How?
How was Altivia able to open up the crack between universes when she wasn't even aware there was another universe until a few hours before and hadn't taken part in the power releasing drugs treatment when she was a child as AltiBell and Walternate had never met?

zing_deleted
02-06-2010, 11:43
I thought Bell did it

Kymmy
02-06-2010, 12:20
Yep, Bell did it.. Remember that he's already been through a number of times