PDA

View Full Version : No signal

japkoi
18-09-2009, 08:38
Bought a second hand sky plus box but when we plug it in it says not sat signal received, on the signal tests it shows good signal for input 1 but no signal for input 2 and this is the problem.
When we put our old sky plus box in it works straight away.
Does our dish need moving?
Are is our new box faulty.
Help please

Paul K
18-09-2009, 08:51
Are you plugging the "replacement" sky box in to the old leads or is this one plugging in to a new set of cables from the dish? If it's the same cables from dish and one is directly replacing the other I would say the "new" box is up the creek or needs resetting completely in case it's set for a different sat set up.

japkoi
18-09-2009, 09:00
Same cables, we take our working box out and put new box in and straight away it says no signal, we also phones sky up and they said the box should work if our other box does.

Kymmy
18-09-2009, 09:02
Unless someone's been messing with the engineers menu it sounds like a faulty box..

Paul, can sky lock boxes?? especially stolen ones??

Paul K
18-09-2009, 09:14
After 12 months the boxes belong to the user unless they purchase outright at the start. The only option would be locking the viewing card I would think. Have you tried resetting the satellite setup? We recently had to change a setting on our box as a satellite was no longer in a prime position and we had to tweak the box to get back to proper reception. To start with I would suggest putting your old box on, check the signal levels and quality levels, put the new box on and do the same. If the levels change then odds are either the box is screwed or something is wrong somewhere. Where did you get the box from and what option have you got for returning it?

adzii_nufc
27-09-2009, 19:56
Have you tried all the System Resets etc.

Google Engineers Menu

And also Sky+ Hidden Stuff

If any of you guys could give him some links on How to update using the backup button and System Reset via the Two arrows and select

May not work but worth a shot

Sorry i cant go into detail aint got much time