PDA

View Full Version : New install advice (cables removed)

pjo123
16-09-2009, 14:41
Long story short

Had Virgin a few years ago, changed to Sky, since then the phone cable and socket has been removed from inside the house.

Just had a look in the box on the outside wall, there's two cables going into it, one containing various colour wires (phone I presume) the other going into a splitter box with no cable coming of the other side.

Having Virgin again so the installer will have to run a phone cable from the box on my outside wall and mount a phone socket in my house, plus run a cable from the box for my TV.

Do the installers have the stuff to do this? Might seem a stupid question, my concern is that they might check records, presume all cabling is in place and send someone out with just the box.

Thanks

Paul K
16-09-2009, 15:15
They should have equipment with them just in case something is not there or not working.

Misterguitar
16-09-2009, 16:22
You should be OK. Problem is when they think your house has a cable from the street cab to the house but it hasn't, this happened to me. They sent 1 guy with no big reels of cable, just the box and some small reels of cable to do internal wiring if needed, he just said "Can't install ya mate" and buggered off. I had to call CS myself and re-arrange the install.

pjo123
16-09-2009, 17:22
Many thanks.

Just been on the phone to pay for my V+ box and they assured me the installation guy would have everything.

Hopefully they are right, but I was speaking to sales, not the install dept. I'll find out on the 3rd oct :)