PDA

View Full Version : Big dilemma now!

guff
15-09-2009, 16:16
Hi,

So here's the situation. My house is being rennovated as of thursday 24th september. I am being temporarily (up to 3-4 months) being moved to another house in my estate, which sadly, does not have the fibre optic cables laid. Apparantly, it doesn't even have a phone line in it.

I have looked at the website, and phoned them but am unable to get a definitive answer. The website says I can still get the virgin media phone line installed into the house, but nothing more. Can they still install the phone line if there has never been a phone line in the house? If yes, how much would it cost? It just says £11 per month.

If they are unable to.. is there any other way I can get access to the internet without having to fork out huge amounts of money? We have been with VM since it was introduced as cabletel around 8 or 9 years ago.

Neil

punky
15-09-2009, 16:26
I doubt you'd be able to get a line installed without a contract (or on a 3 month one).

Providing you live in a 3G area, i'd go for 3G broadband on a monthly contract. Here's one example: http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=1MB5GD003&id=1404 You might be able to find better elsewhere

Its not good for torrents and such, but good for general Internet use.

guff
15-09-2009, 18:50
Do you have any ideas of the prices for line installation? Paying for a year would be much better than one of those dongles.