PDA

View Full Version : VM BB Install. Are they always on time?

REM
15-09-2009, 14:08
Hi I'm waiting in for VM to upgrade my BB. The CSR and the letter confirmed an after 1pm visit today.

This was two weeks ago. Are they likely to forget? I've taken a day off work to be here.(They could still get access without me but I wanted to see what he did and be sure it's working before he goes.

Will they phone to say they are on their way? How long into the day to the do installations? At what time should I get worried?

Ignitionnet
15-09-2009, 15:01
You already have services from VM, it'll be pretty much the same story. It's not some miraculous new world having a guy turn up to do the XXL install and in any event someone in Lanarkshire's experience of an install may well not match yours in Coventry ;)

REM
15-09-2009, 15:40
You already have services from VM, it'll be pretty much the same story. It's not some miraculous new world having a guy turn up to do the XXL install and in any event someone in Lanarkshire's experience of an install may well not match yours in Coventry ;)

Anyway he's been and he did phone first. Oddly enough it was the same man who installed our 20Mb ages ago.

I'm getting 43.55Mb/s from Giganews on 20 connections. Unfortunately NewsLeecher pauses periodically because it says it's downloading faster than it can write to disk. :rolleyes:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8246/speedjd.jpg

The test from their own speedtest peaked at just above 50.3Mb/s
He fitted a D-Link DIR-615 router, and a sexy curvy black Ambit modem.

Ignitionnet
15-09-2009, 16:05
Get some space freed up on the drive, also no need to use 20 connections to GN, 10 should be perfectly adequate and will also reduce the overhead on the drive.