PDA

View Full Version : Feel Im paying too much for my BB

angrywithvm
11-09-2009, 10:10
I currently have a phone line at £11 and XL Broadband (20mbs) £37. It costs me in total after discount £40 before paying for calls etc.

Now Ive heard of some people getting higher discounts as they pay roughly £20 for there BB but Im paying £29 after discount.

zing_deleted
11-09-2009, 10:59
Get in touch and get on a new contract with the new prices then :)
:welcome:

greeninferno
11-09-2009, 11:51
I currently have a phone line at £11 and XL Broadband (20mbs) £37. It costs me in total after discount £40 before paying for calls etc.

Now Ive heard of some people getting higher discounts as they pay roughly £20 for there BB but Im paying £29 after discount.

You should be paying £20 for XL BB with a phone line for £11

Total £ 31 before calls.

Pog66
11-09-2009, 13:10
If CS can't/won/t help then get onto retentions

arcamalpha2004
15-09-2009, 05:39
You should be paying £20 for XL BB with a phone line for £11

Total £ 31 before calls.

So why if I do not even have a phone line with VM am I paying £37 a month just for 20mb Broadband alone?:confused:

Sephiroth
15-09-2009, 10:26
So why if I do not even have a phone line with VM am I paying £37 a month just for 20mb Broadband alone?:confused:

Ah - there you have it. There are a number of threads here complaining about the lack of transparency in VM pricing.

BenMcr is the patient poster here who calmly explains three things using my précis of his words):

1/
Your discounts when set off against the totality of your services should yield the aggregate price as currently headlined on the VM web site.

2/
You should call VM and request that your contract be adjusted to the nee headline pricing.

3/
Your VM bill will still show your BB XL as £37 and some contrived discount will appear to bring you to the correct price.

I frankly find this bordering on the dishonest because the headline price for BB XL with phone line is £20 + £11. VM's billing systems should be showing this rather than contriving discounts.

Don't you agree?

greeninferno
15-09-2009, 12:21

From Virgin's point of view - to try and make you take the phone service - presumably taking business from BT.

From your point of view it is shameful that they have not moved you automatically to the new pricing

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=3246

It pays to keep an eye on the website.

If you phone retentions they will almost certainly move you to the new standalone price of £ 30 a month for XL Broadband.

Ignitionnet
15-09-2009, 13:36
3/
Your VM bill will still show your BB XL as £37 and some contrived discount will appear to bring you to the correct price.

I frankly find this bordering on the dishonest because the headline price for BB XL with phone line is £20 + £11. VM's billing systems should be showing this rather than contriving discounts.

Don't you agree?

Contrived discounts. Sir your use of the English language is masterful.

Sephiroth
15-09-2009, 13:49
Contrived discounts. Sir your use of the English language is masterful.

... and your technical knowledge is even more masterful.

Ignitionnet
15-09-2009, 14:00
Have to make up for my lack of personality some how!

Sephiroth
15-09-2009, 14:04
Have to make up for my lack of personality some how!

Don't start doubting yourself now, BBs!