PDA

View Full Version : Same Problem Again

pazor
10-09-2009, 13:01
This problem has raised its ugly head again. Connection went down last week, then came back but wouldn’t go over 2mb. Engineer came out on Saturday tested all my equip and said there was a problem in the box on the street. About 2 hours later another engineer came with his own laptop and re tested again saying there was a problem outside in the cabinet.
He went away saying hopefully be fixed around tue's. For the Last couple of days my connection is back reaching the 50mb but is very erratic when downloading a file the speeds goes from 50mb to under 1mb then speeds up also stopping for seconds at a time.
My real problem is the downloads are all corrupt. I have been downloading game demos and movie demos from virginmedia/blueyounder thing and every time they won’t unrar or install if they are a exe file the message being files are corrupt. This has been happening with both my pc and my laptop and have tried with or without the router and with various cables. Took my laptop to my sisters last night download loads again from the virgin media and they all worked no problem came home tried again and all corrupt. I have run full virus scans with Norton which is update.
Please give me some advice
(ps this happend in the past and sorted itself out without me doing anything)

pazor
10-09-2009, 17:08
50 views and no comments ? does nobody know what could be causing this ? could a faulty connection be missing bits of the files im downloading.

pazor
11-09-2009, 09:25
Well no replys but ill let you know whats happening. Spoke to a very very helpful chap this morning on the tech team Chris Murphy has booked a eng for 19/09/09 for a re lay of the cable from the box to me, says my upstream is bad and that could be causing missing bits from my download. I must say after speaking to chris my faith in VM has gone up a notch or 2 it seems its only the indian call center that lets you down.