PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out while downloading

losepete
09-09-2009, 01:19
Hi

I've been experiencing internet disconnection whenever I get download speeds over 56kbs on my so called 10Mb cable modem connection.

Resetting (power off, leave a couple of minutes, power on) the cable modem always resolves the issue - until the next "dial up modem" speed download.

I've talked to VM support and they reckon the cable modem is fine - but will not swap out this cable modem just to test.

As resetting the cable modem always resolves the issue I reckon it is time to simply sack VM, take my phone line back to BT and get an adsl package organised - oh, and Sky of course.

Regards

Pete

Graham M
09-09-2009, 02:09
I have moved your post into its own thread, please do not hijack other threads of a completely different topic

Ben B
09-09-2009, 13:22
Hi There,

Go to http://192.168.100.1 and log in with the username root and the password root and post everything from the downstream page and the upstream page. Also what is the model of your modem, usually on a sticker on the bottom.

Ben :)

Sephiroth
09-09-2009, 13:54
One additional thought. Are you using downloading software of any kind - particularly the type that allows you to define a throttle? Or are you accessing a site that could have throttles set according to the number of concurrent downloads?