PDA

View Full Version : - extreme ping problems -

alex12345
06-09-2009, 15:50
hey I'll try and explain my situation Ive got, I play alot of online video games, and I use ventrilo, My internet with virgin is completely fine when play most online games, but recently Im getting some problems with my steam games and vent, when I load vent, for the first 30 seconds or so, I can talk fine with a 60 ping no problems there, but soon after that my ping starts creeping up to around 800 ish and when I tab out and open vent, its like 14k ping it disconnects.

Also sometimes with my steam, when I boot it up to the login screen, I type my pass in and it sometimes takes a while for it to load up anywhere between 5-7 mins to get to the main page so I can play my games.

Also xfire sometimes randomly disconnects, and it may take it a while to reconnect.

everything like the net is working fine, I can watch live steams, youtube with it no download delays of stream delays.

The problem is that the Ping jumps alot up and down constantly its never stable.

Alot of problems Ive got here, any feedback on any steps to fix this except from playing the waiting game would be very appreciated, ty.