PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for a speed upgrade to go through?

Milambar
02-09-2009, 22:36
Ok, so I decided I couldn't afford 50MB with the install and activation charge, but I could afford 20MB. Spoke to a lovely lady, and she confirmed what Mr. Ben said in a post elsewhere on these forums. So I went ahead with the upgrade.

The lady said "Ok, Ive done that for you, ordered you a free router as well, you should see the speed increase sometime later this evening. Probably within a few minutes. It will help if you reboot your modem."

Three modem reboots, and its still getting the 10MB config file. So, how long realistically does it take to get the new config file?

Graham M
02-09-2009, 22:38
How long has it been?

Milambar
02-09-2009, 22:39
About an hour, now.

Graham M
02-09-2009, 22:45
I've seen it take a few hours before, but normally it'll be pretty quick

Peter_
02-09-2009, 22:56
The may be a delay in the provisioning hits as the was a few hours delay this afternoon in EX-NTL areas.

Milambar
03-09-2009, 01:57
Okay, rebooted the modem at midnight, and its finally picked up a new 20MB config. I'm happy.

One last question, windows vista, is it recommended or required that I use a TCP optimizer for a 20MB connection under Vista? While I spend most of my life under Ubuntu, when I wanna play some games, I do boot into Vista.

keyholder
03-09-2009, 04:27
Okay, rebooted the modem at midnight, and its finally picked up a new 20MB config. I'm happy.

One last question, windows vista, is it recommended or required that I use a TCP optimizer for a 20MB connection under Vista? While I spend most of my life under Ubuntu, when I wanna play some games, I do boot into Vista.

i dont know why u even bother with vista lol spesh using ubuntu . but still...

No do not use TCP optimzer, Vista does its own optimizing and is pretty good in doing high speed coenctions, so you really shouldnt have to touch internet settings, if u do your more than likely to screw it up.