PDA

View Full Version : Do Virgin Answer Calls?

mart777
01-09-2009, 16:38
Hi all. I'm trying to pay Virgin £49 for installation of the V + Package - at their request. So far today I've spent 135 minutes on hold stretched over 5 calls. I've resorted to emailing them to try & see if anyone answers. Is this the level of service I should expect if I do manage to finally get someone to take my money? Because at the moment Sky looks a very attractive alternative!

webcrawler2050
01-09-2009, 16:41
Hi all. I'm trying to pay Virgin £49 for installation of the V + Package - at their request. So far today I've spent 135 minutes on hold stretched over 5 calls. I've resorted to emailing them to try & see if anyone answers. Is this the level of service I should expect if I do manage to finally get someone to take my money? Because at the moment Sky looks a very attractive alternative!

What number are you ringing? Have you tried online?

SMason
01-09-2009, 16:43
I've also found that I'm currently weighing up sky vs vm, usually it's the case of quick service to take your money then it's hard to get them.

Hmmmm....definately something to think about. Let us know how you get on.

mart777
01-09-2009, 16:46
They gave me an 0800 number via email. I'm in the process of emailing various Virgin email addresses to try & get someone who can do something because I can't use their Virgin contact form because I have no account details until I pay them the installation fee - apparently! All suggestions gratefully received!

webcrawler2050
01-09-2009, 16:53
They gave me an 0800 number via email. I'm in the process of emailing various Virgin email addresses to try & get someone who can do something because I can't use their Virgin contact form because I have no account details until I pay them the installation fee - apparently! All suggestions gratefully received!

Try this one: 0845 840 7777

mart777
01-09-2009, 17:14
Thanks. I'm in the process of 'holding' on 0845 454 1111.
Update - Someone at billing is trying to help & apparently I have an account number... I'm obviously on hold again - I didn't realise it could be so difficult to give people money. I'll have to check out their share price because they must be doing spectacularly well to be this laidback about getting money from new customers...All this for a 20 MB connection...

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Ok I've hung up - 17 minutes this time - a total of 152 minutes 'on hold' today -over 2 1/2 hours trying to pay...Think I'll give Sky a call, they can hardly be as bad as this.

mikegreen
01-09-2009, 18:44

Yes they do answer but only after you have been subjected to MJ's "Man In The Mirror" in it's entirety at least three times...or at least it seems that way to me!