PDA

View Full Version : DVB-T USB stick tuning problem

freeair
31-08-2009, 20:53
I recently purchased a DVB-T USB stick for use on my Windows XP SP3 PC and I am having a problem tuning all Freeview channels.

The stick is fed from an external aerial which I am told is suitable to receive digital transmissions from the Winter hill transmitter. I do not know what group the aerial is.

When I scan through all frequencies (177.5 to 858 MHz) it detects only BBC1, BBC2, BBC News and CBBC (CH 1 -4)

However if I scan the 8M band I get a lot more channels but the BBC channels mentioned above are not shown.

The software with this stick allows me to create a favourites list but it will only show either the 4 BBC channels or all the 8M band channels, I cannot combine the 4 BBC channels into the favourites list.
This means if i want to watch one of the BBC channels I have to scan again to create a new channels list.

Is there a way to have the 4 BBC channels included in the other list?

Thanks for any help.

PS If it is any help the stick uses an EC168BDA driver

TheDon
02-09-2009, 01:03
Try using a different program, gb-pvr or media portal are two good free pvrs, media portal takes a bit of setting up, but gb-pvr is extremely easy to use.

freeair
03-09-2009, 22:19
Many thanks for that suggestion 'TheDon', gb-pvr worked a treat and I can now access all freeview channels.

Kymmy
03-09-2009, 22:40
When I lived in Manc land winterhill on the analogue side was always high up in the frequency list using channels 55 to 65 for the big four. Antenna color grouping from one of Chris's excellent posts are as follows

Channels - Group - Colour
21-37 - A - red
35-53 - B - yellow
48-68 - C/D - green
35-68 - E - brown
21-48 - K - grey
21-68 - W - black