PDA

View Full Version : Cable splitter - is it straightforward?

me-eyes
30-08-2009, 22:49
Hi all,
Just a quick question - I currently have XL TV package coming into the lounge, and the modem up in one of the kids bedrooms. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the £28pm offer for the 50mb service (am on 10mb), but would like for the modem to be set up in the lounge also.

Am I right in thinking the technician could just use a cable splitter to permit both TV & BB from the one access point in the lounge? Would this be a simple 2 min job or would it require something more technical or involving any drills - we just decorated last month! Am I likely to get it done for free as part of the 'installation'?

Cheers
Paul

BenMcr
30-08-2009, 23:11
Am I right in thinking the technician could just use a cable splitter to permit both TV & BB from the one access point in the lounge?Yes

Am I likely to get it done for free as part of the 'installation'?Yes

Lunatic Mick
02-09-2009, 16:34
Just had V+ installed downstairs and had old STB put upstairs. Installer split the BB cable which ran inside the garage and the TV now upstairs with no loss in quality of BB or TV.

me-eyes
16-09-2009, 00:29
Good news - techie came and installed new modem exactly how I wanted. Done and dusted in minutes and now I'm happily surfing around the 45mb mark!

Should have a 'happy bunny' icon! :D

BenMcr
16-09-2009, 00:37
Good news - techie came and installed new modem exactly how I wanted. Done and dusted in minutes and now I'm happily surfing around the 45mb mark!

Should have a 'happy bunny' icon! :D
will this do?
:cleader: