PDA

View Full Version : Cannot receive calls on BT line after failed installation

lockettpots
27-08-2009, 19:29
Hi

I've opened a new thread from my original thread on the Internet Services forum as I desperately need some advice on this phone issue.

I was scheduled for a broadband/phone/tv installation yesterday morning (Wednesday 26tyh August. Unfortunately it failed as the cable from the cab is broken and will need a re-pull - time scale about 10 days I was told. The phone installation included a port of my BT number to VM.

During the afternoon I discovered that I could not receive incoming call and callers were getting a number unobtainable tone. I got in touch with BT to be told that VM had called for the number. I explained that the installation had not taken place and was advised that I needed to contact VM to get the number reinstated to BT.

I have spoken to a number of call centre staff but have received no useful help, or the promised return calls to my mobile. The thrust of their replies seems to be 'It can't happen'. Clearly something has!

I would welcome any ideas about how this can happen and advice as to who I can contact rather than more frustration with the call centres.

Thanks in advance

John

Toto
27-08-2009, 19:46
My sympathies.

Bad timing or what? The porting of the number goes through the day the engineers call to do a standard installation, but fail because of a fault.

Maybe somebody conversant with this kind of issue will pop in and offer some advice.

Mr_Moo
28-08-2009, 09:11
I've seen this issue before. Sounds like the port hasn't gone through correctly. I would assume that this number is still built on one of BT's switches, hence why calls aren't going through.

Contact customer services and ask them to call the Porting team, to call BT. Try and get through to the UK call centre.

lockettpots
29-08-2009, 09:54
That seems to have sorted it, thanks.

Working OK now just waiting for the installation to be re-scheduled.

John