PDA

View Full Version : Cannot us the instalation wizard that comes with modem?

BomberAF
27-08-2009, 11:33
Yesterday I got hooked up to 50Mb broadband but I cant install my modem properly as when I try to install it properly I keep getting told that it cannot detect my modem. The thing is though I can surf the new both via the ethernet cable which goes through the wireless router and I can also go wireless but I still keep getting a message telling me that no modem is connected which it is and it is connected correctly. I am worried that my wireless router is broadcasting as a WIFI hotspot as I cant set it up properly. I only have 1PC.

azcomposer
27-08-2009, 16:01
I don't remember installing anything to be honest. I connected my modem to the wireless router, and using a LAN cable, logged into the router to configure it. That's all.

No installation of modem.

Use a LAN cable to the router then access the router that way for configuration where you can set up broadcast channel, encryption etc...

BomberAF
27-08-2009, 16:49
It's alright the prob has been sorted now, I set it up wrong when I first plugged it all in and got the router to automaticaly set a password without my knowledge so when I tried to install using the disk it the router already had security settings on it and the disk therefore wouldnt work. I went to the netgear site and changed my password and user name from there.