PDA

View Full Version : D-Link USB Adapters

Pieman
27-08-2009, 10:58
Hi All
Due to work changing their policies - I will be switching to Virgin for BB.....looking at 20 or 50 (due to the price reductions) so will be getting an N router etc which I want to move to

Looking at the 50mb they throw in a USB adapter....my question is that at the moment I have a 54mb G PCI card in my desktop PC with an extended wire to bring the aerial from behind the desk. If I plug the USB wireless adapter into the back of the PC (under the desk) will I get a poor signal generally - or is it better to be plugged into an "accessible" hub......

Kymmy
27-08-2009, 11:02
You could just simply get a small usb extension cable instead of a hub... but it does depend on where your USB ports are... Round the front and you might not have a problem, round the back and you've already proved that is a problem..

Matt-08
27-08-2009, 11:26
Plus, they do tend to get quite hot, so they'd be a lot better round the front where there is better air circulation.

Pieman
27-08-2009, 11:48
Thanks guys - another extension cable it will be then i think......up onto the top of the desk.....(or clipped into the corner of the wall...... ;)

Peter_
27-08-2009, 18:44
The USB adaptor for the Netgear routers comes with a extension cable and I think that the D Link one does as well.

gumpy321
27-08-2009, 21:00
The D-Link one does come supplied with an extension lead.