PDA

View Full Version : Moving House

royaltiger
26-08-2009, 11:33
Moving house soon so arranged for virgin to transfer services to new house but had two different answers to how its done, I was told on first enquiry that you can get cut off in the morning then reconnected at new house in the afternoon which I was happy with, but final confirmation of move was told have to be cut off 24hrs before then connected on the day I move in, wanted to know if this was correct and why in this day and age you have to go without services for a day when surely its just a flick of of a switch

chuzzlemonkey
31-08-2009, 11:46
Pretty sure the telephone number would need to be transferred from one exchange to another, which as far as i know isn't an alteration that can take effect immediately.

Also any disconnect order that is on your previous account for your old address must be closed down before a new order at the new address can be completed. The orders close down around midnight so you should only be without service from around midnight the night before? Unless I'm missing something here?

jungleguy
01-09-2009, 23:00
VM don't work on exchanges.

chuzzlemonkey
02-09-2009, 14:14
Wouldn't the number need to be transferred one way or the other, though? Apologies if my terminology isn't up to scratch. :erm:

royaltiger
11-09-2009, 18:25
Move to new house went ok, but I was caught out on how the procedure would go, after reading numerous posts on how set top boxes are used as door stops I was unaware that I would be having to take my old set tops with me as they were needed, there was I thinking I would be getting new equipement installed and the engineer was asking where are my set tops and why are they at the old address when he needs them, what was crazy was the old tenant was on virgin and their set top was in the corner collecting dust, so how do these virgin set tops end up as door stops and not removed from properties.The land line worked for a day and went dead today, phoned customer services and it seems to be an exchage fault, was told should be back on in 24 hours, the irony is they then ask you is there anything else they can help you with, I nearly said try getting the fault fixed in an hour and not a day.