PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else experiencing Slow speeds after 10pm in the Manchester area?

irishguymcr
25-08-2009, 00:01
Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing the same as myself, nearly every night after 10pm my speed drops by 50%.

When I call Virginmedia faults they say no fault but that they will send settings to the modem then all of a sudden it goes back to full speed. This has only been happening for 2 weeks.

Ben B
25-08-2009, 01:07
I experience some speed decreases at different time (at full 20mb at the minute) and had someone out to sort it and he increased the power levels but said that I may experience speed issues especially during peak times whilst they do some upgrading on the amps and switch of analogue. Most of the time it's fine but it does drop to half occasionally.

irishguymcr
25-08-2009, 11:59
It's really annoying cos it only seems to happen after 10pm and when u call support they always ask to connect laptop to modem direct meaning on the phone for ages and then they send settings and it works.

Ignitionnet
25-08-2009, 15:02
I experience some speed decreases at different time (at full 20mb at the minute) and had someone out to sort it and he increased the power levels but said that I may experience speed issues especially during peak times whilst they do some upgrading on the amps and switch of analogue. Most of the time it's fine but it does drop to half occasionally.

Peak time speed issues are nothing to do with amplifier upgrades and analogue switch off but to do with localised congestion, which you shouldn't really have given that you should be migrated to the DOCSIS 3 network now.

Ben B
25-08-2009, 17:44
Peak time speed issues are nothing to do with amplifier upgrades and analogue switch off but to do with localised congestion, which you shouldn't really have given that you should be migrated to the DOCSIS 3 network now.

It would appear that I am not, I am still on the DOCSIS 1.0 network.