PDA

View Full Version : Size S ?

Instincts
24-08-2009, 19:11
My internet package now reads size S after i changed packages for the tv and they offered me a deal to keep the phone line because i wanted to lose that because i never use it, so they offered me a deal which kept my phone with them and a reduced broadband cost. Which meant they were offering me all that for the price of just the broadband i wanted, but it now comes up as size S, is this any different to the size M i was on before because they said i would have the same broadband package. Thanks.

broadbandking
24-08-2009, 19:14
Size S is a basic no frills 2mb broadband service with very tight STM limits, its meant to be used for the light user, light surfing really, so if you download your going to be getting a shock as your speed will only be 1Mb with the tight limits they impose.

Instincts
24-08-2009, 19:24
o dear that isnt good at all, 2mb was all i can afford and i went over on the old stm every day, 2 computers , an xbox and a wii on most of the time online doesnt help. :(

Ignitionnet
24-08-2009, 19:30
Sure it's all you can afford if you've 2 computers, a 360 and a Wii or is it more about what you're willing to spend on the service?

In other news yes you're boned and will be spending most of the day at 512k down and 64k up given that the downstream limit is 200MB and the upstream 100MB, and this is between 9am and 9pm. Ouch.

BenMcr
24-08-2009, 19:30
so if you download your going to be getting a shock as your speed will only be 1Mb with the tight limits they impose.It would be worse than that

Broadband Size S STM is 512Kb not 1Mb

Instincts
24-08-2009, 19:35
yeah theyre not all mine, the wii is my brothers, one computer is mine and the xbox 360, the other computer is for my mum and my brother. I dont pay for the service my mum does but i contact virgin for her and deal with everything like that, im 17. I should of said all 'we' can afford not 'I'.

Ignitionnet
24-08-2009, 19:46
yeah theyre not all mine, the wii is my brothers, one computer is mine and the xbox 360, the other computer is for my mum and my brother. I dont pay for the service my mum does but i contact virgin for her and deal with everything like that, im 17. I should of said all 'we' can afford not 'I'.

If the price of the L service, without a phone line, is too much I don't know what to tell you, sorry. Virtually all other services need that phone line you don't want or need, and cost wise would be at very least as much as you are paying now :(

15GBP/month for 3 months then 20GBP/month is too much I take it?

Instincts
24-08-2009, 19:53
yeah the problem is they wont give us any offers they are doing for new customers, we are currently paying £24 for phone, tv, internet, all the lowest ones. And that was the lowest theyd give us because we still wanted the tv and internet because the freeview reception is shocking in my area. I may have to ring up again and just annoy them.

Ignitionnet
24-08-2009, 20:01
yeah the problem is they wont give us any offers they are doing for new customers, we are currently paying £24 for phone, tv, internet, all the lowest ones. And that was the lowest theyd give us because we still wanted the tv and internet because the freeview reception is shocking in my area. I may have to ring up again and just annoy them.

That's the same price new customers get, slightly lower infact. The price I mentioned was for internet only.

Instincts
24-08-2009, 20:05
yeah i know because theyve took the phone package off, but they said on the phone we would recieve the same broadband package as we were on before which was size M and they have put us down. So i just wondered how much different it was. If you wanted all 3 as a new customer it is £25 a month but they are given size L broadband (old size m) and we are being penalised i suppose. I will be ringing them up again. thanks.

Ignitionnet
24-08-2009, 20:35
There is no size M package anymore and you can't stay on it sadly. Paying the same as before puts you onto S.

Paying the extra pound and going to L is probably the best plan. Lots of discount related things are tied into the phone line, you really are better off keeping it even if you don't use it and unfortunately it wasn't the best move getting rid of it.