PDA

View Full Version : Random short burst disconnects

makopet
22-08-2009, 21:41
Hi sorry if this might be found in another thread, but here is my problem.

I leave my pc on pretty much 24/7, often running bots of MMORPGS (not dling particularly). However, this last month or so I am getting frequent 1-5 sec drops in connectivity.

Ive tested the router/removed the router... even brought a new router. Hell I only like using wired connections anyway.... yet no difference.
Ive even reformatted the PC several times, the only change I have done to the pc in months if upgrade the gpx card... yet this problem is driving me mad.

Tech support keep saying everything is fine and offering no help or advice, I have however demanded that a engineer come and check my box outside and down the road (box outside my house has lost its cover over 2 years ago....).

Anything else I should check or do in the mean time? or anything i should ask the engineer to look at while he is here?

Cheers

Adam

P.S. When i did a speed test I found that my upload speed is below 50% of what it should be... ill have to chase that up as well FFS!!!

Peter_
22-08-2009, 21:45
You need the cover refitting and should never have left it so long to report it.

Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

If using an Ambit modem please click here
http://root:root@192.168.100.1/CmOpConfig.asp

If using any other modem click here
http://192.168.100.1/

What I want you to post is the Downstream power levels including the SNR and the Upstream power levels for me thanks.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER

makopet
22-08-2009, 22:05
Ambit modem i believe (E08C013.00)

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 164
Downstream Frequency : 331000000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 5360.537 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps32Increment4
Downstream Receive Power Level : 9.0 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 40.5 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 1
Upstream Frequency : 25808000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 37.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Peter_
22-08-2009, 22:11
Downstream Receive Power Level : 9.0 dBmV A little high but but within spec.
Downstream SNR : 40.5 dB

Upstream transmit Power Level : 37.0 dBmV

Thanks for that.

All within operational parameters, so any issue is either network side or with your equipment.