PDA

View Full Version : Netgear WNR2000 Router

beanie
20-08-2009, 23:58
My Netgear WNR2000 Router rebooted itself twice today and once a few weeks ago. So I thought I would ring up the 50Mb Team and ask there thoughts... I was told that Virgin Media did not supply me with a Wireless Router and they wont support it. Good 40 min debate that was!!!!!

I called back in the end and got another tech who was happy to support me and said it's ok ignore the issue. So I called Neatgear about the issue and the bloke had no idea what I was talking about and kept asking me to change my wireless password!!!

I have a funny feeling that my router is on it's way out! Should I keep calling back and ask for a new router??? Sounds like it's going to be fun and games as they insist it wasnt supplied by virgin! Even though the bloke who gave it me came in a virgin van, was wearing a virgin hi-vis vest and also came back a week later to fix my power levels!

Sounds like the engineer did not phone in to say he gave me this equipment that come FREE with 50MB? lol

The 50MB Team are saying its not a Virgin Media Router as the username and password is admin and password!!!!

Ben B
21-08-2009, 00:06
Upgrade the firmware and see if that sorts it out.

beanie
21-08-2009, 00:09
I have the latest Firmware Update I think.

Upgrade the firmware and see if that sorts it out.

beanie
21-08-2009, 00:11
I have checked here and looks like it is the latest: http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2614

Ben B
21-08-2009, 00:17
Ah right, have you tried resetting it all to factory defaults and re-applying all custom settings? If it still keeps rebooting then it could definitely be on its way out, you should be able to easily get a replacement though if so....

beanie
21-08-2009, 00:20
Hi Ben,

Thanks, I will reset to factory default as you suggest. Just been googling the issue and found loads of other people with the same issue!! Looks like they gave up and got a new one!

Peter_
21-08-2009, 18:59
My Netgear WNR2000 Router rebooted itself twice today and once a few weeks ago. So I thought I would ring up the 50Mb Team and ask there thoughts... I was told that Virgin Media did not supply me with a Wireless Router and they wont support it. Good 40 min debate that was!!!!!

I called back in the end and got another tech who was happy to support me and said it's ok ignore the issue. So I called Neatgear about the issue and the bloke had no idea what I was talking about and kept asking me to change my wireless password!!!

I have a funny feeling that my router is on it's way out! Should I keep calling back and ask for a new router??? Sounds like it's going to be fun and games as they insist it wasnt supplied by virgin! Even though the bloke who gave it me came in a virgin van, was wearing a virgin hi-vis vest and also came back a week later to fix my power levels!

Sounds like the engineer did not phone in to say he gave me this equipment that come FREE with 50MB? lol

The 50MB Team are saying its not a Virgin Media Router as the username and password is admin and password!!!!
Where these agents from offshore as every onshore should know that the WNR2000 and the D Link 615 are both supplied by Virgin for 50Mb customers.

------------------------------------

You could always set it up without the disk see below

First ensure the router is on and take a pen or a paperclip and look on the back and you will see a small round hole big enough for the pen to go into press the reset button in this hole for approx 15 seconds and this will reset the router.

Then connect your laptop direct to the router in port 1 to 4 >open internet explorer > in the address bar put http://192.168.1.1/ when the login screen appears put in the username : admin and the passphrase : password > the Netgear router page will now appear, down the left side click on Wireless settings >\now name your network, something you remember and replace the passphrase with a new one at least 8 characters long and click apply, wait for it to finish updating and close the page.

disconnect cable from laptop and router, ensure inbuilt wireless switched on, go to system tray and look for connect to a network icon ( not the virgin icon ) click it and find your network name, click connect put in your passphrase and when it says connected open a browser page and you should be connected.

beanie
21-08-2009, 20:29
Hey Moldova,

Thanks for the tips, I did exactly that last night.

The bloke who said it wasnt a router provided by virgin was from uk, I think he must of been new staff? A bloke called Duncan.

Peter_
21-08-2009, 22:18
Hey Moldova,

Thanks for the tips, I did exactly that last night.

The bloke who said it wasnt a router provided by virgin was from uk, I think he must of been new staff? A bloke called Duncan.
Do not know anyone of that name but he should have known better and new staff would not be on 50Mb so no excuse.