PDA

View Full Version : NTL Telewest Business services

ccarmock
20-08-2009, 22:59
I see the web pages for business customers have had a very slight re-vamp. I curently have the 10 Mb/s service with fixed IP & business phone line.

This is £40 a month plus £10 for the fixed IP.

However I now notice they list a £39 fee for the same service it seems with unlimited phone calls. I can't see any other differences - so this seems to bit odd - two services that look the same £40 or £39 and the cheaper one offers free calls!

Also I notice now they have explicitly mentioned for the first time STM on business services and imply it's across all three offerings - 4, 10 & 20 Mb/s

The front page no longer mentions a restriction on fixed Ip on the 20 Mb/s service - though some of the sub-pages still do.

webcrawler2050
20-08-2009, 23:27
I see the web pages for business customers have had a very slight re-vamp. I curently have the 10 Mb/s service with fixed IP & business phone line.

This is £40 a month plus £10 for the fixed IP.

However I now notice they list a £39 fee for the same service it seems with unlimited phone calls. I can't see any other differences - so this seems to bit odd - two services that look the same £40 or £39 and the cheaper one offers free calls!

Also I notice now they have explicitly mentioned for the first time STM on business services and imply it's across all three offerings - 4, 10 & 20 Mb/s

The front page no longer mentions a restriction on fixed Ip on the 20 Mb/s service - though some of the sub-pages still do.

The only differences, will be - less contention, superior support, SLA's etc etc

ccarmock
20-08-2009, 23:31
Both of the services listed are business grade services - just that one is £40 and doesn't include unmetered calls and one is £39 and does!

Both now mention STM

Kymmy
21-08-2009, 09:48
Still no fixed IP's on 20Mb :(

Also the SLA for the phone line has now gone from 6hours fix to 2hour contact/24hour fix

Nice call package though, including all UK landlines, 0845 0870 and these countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Russia and USA.

My contracts due up at the end of this year and when I last spoke to a CS agent after I had a moan on thier website they did mention to come was fixed IP's on 20 and also a new 50Mb business package..

They though had to do something with the existing packages as currently 50Mb residential wipes the floor with the service especially from September with the cheaper costs, now if only residential had fixed IPs :)

Ignitionnet
21-08-2009, 10:19
The only differences, will be - less contention, superior support, SLA's etc etc

Quick note - the contention is the same for both, there's no preferential bandwidth treatment for business cable.

Kymmy
21-08-2009, 11:56
It is weird though that they have the two packages?? and have dropped 4Mb on the call packages.. I can understand the difference if one package didn't have the phone but the packages have always come with an optional phone line (though with no call package)

The traffic management points to thier AUP, has the AUP changed? I can't download it atm and keep getting INTERNAL SERVER ERROR on the link to the PDF

ccarmock
21-08-2009, 23:24
I spoke to a business sales advisor today. Aparently the new inclusive calls package has just been launched. It's available to all new customers and existing customers who are out of their minimum contract.

The website does specifically mention traffic management now as oposed to linking just to the AUP.

http://www.ntltelewestbusiness.co.uk/products__solutions/broadband__internet_services/business_broadband.aspx?view=details

Scroll to the bottom.

When I spoke to sales today he confirmed that traffic management is only active on the 20 Mb/s business package, even though that's not mentioned on the web pages.

He said they have had dates discussed internally of March next year for launch of the 50 Mb/s business service, at which time fixed IP would become available on the 20 MB/s service.

His view was that the 50 Mb/s would not have fixed Ip as it then makes the managed internet services look less attractive.

Since I am out of minimum contract on my 10 Mb/s service he was able to take a request to move my tariff to the incluive calls one. He did warn this might take a couple of weeks to process as there have been a large influx of orders to process.

Kymmy
22-08-2009, 08:57
Yep the traffic management is at the bottom, I didn't miss it...BUT it still just points to the AUP PDF (couldn;t download it yesterday will try again now - Nope still not working..), hence I asked has the AUP changed with specific details :p:

STM has been on 20Mb ever since the 20Mb business tier was introduced.

GhostMjr
24-08-2009, 21:33
So does the business service come with traffic management on just the 20mb service only or all tiers?

Simply put when the home 50mb bb drops in price surely thats the better buy as thats going to be about the same price with a phoneline.

ccarmock
25-08-2009, 14:13
It's currently only active on the 20 Mb/s service. Business sales rang me back to confirm this.

Kymmy
25-08-2009, 14:51
Simply put when the home 50mb bb drops in price surely thats the better buy as thats going to be about the same price with a phoneline.

I don't think that residential 50Mb will stay STM free, also other things like fixed IP, higher upload limits and other business advantages do make a difference

Kymmy
28-08-2009, 09:30
Question... looking at the way they've worded the new package is callerdisplay, forwarding..etc included in the new package? Just that I wanted caller display but rejected the idea when they wanted £20 just to turn it on :rolleyes:

Mr_Moo
28-08-2009, 09:37
Might I add that the 'service level agreement' for telephones is 6 hours for ex-ntl and 4 hours for ex-telewest.

Kymmy
28-08-2009, 09:55
Might I add that the 'service level agreement' for telephones is 6 hours for ex-ntl and 4 hours for ex-telewest.

See post #4 they have changed it for the new package..

ccarmock
28-08-2009, 11:24
Kymmy,

They turned caller display on for me free of charge There is a £1.75 monthly fee for the sevrice though, but there was no activation fee.

However I am in an ex-Telewest area and they seem to have differences int he business packages between the areas. For instance I have to pay £10 a month for fixed IP.

Kymmy
28-08-2009, 11:32
Yep, where I ony had to pay a single fee for fixed IP's

I do wish that they'd standardize these things, but you have given me an idea as I can now say that some people get it activated for free ;)

Mr_Moo
28-08-2009, 13:57
Kymmy, any link to this? We still work to 4 hours and there has been no mention of any change. Our bosses don't sit behind a thick glass window and we generally hear about changes as they do.

Kymmy
28-08-2009, 16:24
Kymmy, any link to this? We still work to 4 hours and there has been no mention of any change. Our bosses don't sit behind a thick glass window and we generally hear about changes as they do.

It's on the overview pages for the whole package (it could possibly refer only to thier broadband but it doesn;t say that)

http://www.ntltelewestbusiness.co.uk/products__solutions/broadband__internet_services/business_broadband__phone.aspx?view=overview

What level of business support & service is included?
As this is a business grade service, we aim to provide support with your business needs in mind, to help maintain productivity and minimise any disruption to your business.We’ll give you a Free Phone (0800) support number which goes to a dedicated business team in the UK. The team are experienced at dealing with business connections and will supply you with an individual response ticket, which means we get straight onto identifying the issue you are experiencing. We aim to respond to your ticket within 2 hours and fix problems within 24 hours. We also keep your informed of progress.

ccarmock
28-08-2009, 17:09
Mr Moo - any idea then why Business customers in an ex-Telewest area have to pay a monthly fee for fixed IP addresses yet those in ex-NTL areas just pay a one off activation fee?

I agree with Kymmy that these things should be standardised. Even if the two networks provide these services in different ways surely billign and the commericial arrangements should be standardiseng

Also with the new Broadband & Phone package options where calls up to 60 mins are free (2p setup charge though) the web pages imply things like caller display etc are all included - can you confirm that is the case now and the monthly charge is included in the package?

Mr_Moo
29-08-2009, 04:11
Everyone is getting their wires crossed (no pun intended....).

Anything broadband, IP, etc. Is 'data'. 'Caller display' is 'telephony' and as such, is handled by a different, experienced team. This is available across the network (ntl:telewest) with no connection fee.

Costing of such packages/services is upon the sales team to confirm/or not to confirm.

Kymmy
29-08-2009, 09:18
That's the problem they don;t seem to distinguish between the two on the new combined packages page..

Also as mentioned by myself and ccarmock the packages now quote all the extra goodies but don't say if they're included.

ccarmock
02-09-2009, 21:44
Kymmy -- I had the electronic contract forms sent to me today for my change from the old 10 Mb/s service bundle to the new one for £1 less and free calls. I was told that the phone service will remain as now (I already have Caller Display and pay £1.75 a month for it) but the charge isn't shown on the new contract - just the £39 a month bundle price is shown. However there ARE boxes to tick for 'extra' services and Caller ID is not ticked - I queried that and was told that that's only for new installations. So lets see if it goes through with Caller ID still working without the monthly charge!

I also got an answer to the Fixed IP address charging differences. I was told the difference is historic - Telewest always charged a £10 monthly feed but NTL charged a one off setup fee only.

They have not retrospectively changed that for existing customers but any new customer (or one changing service packages) will be charged £10 per month for fixed IP regardless of whether they are ex-Telewest or ex-NTL.