PDA

View Full Version : sky+ difference through scart/hdmi

mark ilford
20-08-2009, 18:38
hi all, just a quick question, my sky+ box is connected to samsung le40a686 tv through scart lead but the picture is slightly pixelated (kinda blocky edges) and not very clear. Downstairs i got sky+hd with sony bravia connected through hdmi. What i want to know is if i got another sky+hd box and connected it to my samsung would the picture be clearer on sd channels because of the hdmi cable or am i dreaming? any thoughts welcome.

Tezcatlipoca
20-08-2009, 20:12
The Sky+HD box can upscale the SD channels when it is connected via HDMI, so yes it should look better.

When I got my Sky+HD box, there was a noticeable difference in picture quality on SD channels, with that connected via HDMI, compared to my old Sky box connected via SCART.

Getting a second box could be quite expensive though, certainly if you go via Sky.

To get a second SKy+HD box via Sky costs £199, plus it would also require another Sky+HD subscription.

Although you could always get one from a 3rd party supplier, thus avoiding the extra sub requirements. Probably wouldn't be much cheaper than Sky though for the box.

mark ilford
20-08-2009, 20:55
thanks for the reply, its the good news i wanted to hear as the picture at the moment is a bit disappointing in sd even though blu ray looks stunning. guess i'll be searching the net for a sky+hd box now haha