PDA

View Full Version : Matsui Freeview STB

Misterguitar
19-08-2009, 21:42
I have a Matsui TUTV1 that's been sat in a cupboard for the last two years as I moved out my parents house and got VM in my flat, also got new TV which had integrated Freeview. Now i've just had to get a new aerial fitted as the old one broke and I had it fed into the bedroom as well as the lounge. The TV in the lounge picks up all the channels ok and so does the Matsui but says the BBC channels are to be deleted. Also the interactive text services on some channels doesn't work.

What I'm assuming is the box has missed a software D/L at some point while it was hiding in the cupboard! The software currently installed is Ver 1.15.1.

What I want to know is has anyone else got this STB and what is the software version? Also any one know if the s/w will be re-transmitted, or have I now got a new door stop and I need to buy a new STB?!

Kymmy
19-08-2009, 21:45
The problem with older STB's is that freeview changed thier standards after the first main production run were done.. I've got a box that simply will pick up all the channels but most of the BBC channels are allocated to 800+ channel numbers.

Someone else might be able to determined whether your box is effected by the problem or not but the SW update should be effective from the first connection to the system

Misterguitar
19-08-2009, 21:53
Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes I have read on other forums that this particular STB was prone to putting the BBC channels in the 800's but my box doesn't appear to have done that - they are all where they should be but they have a "Delete" symbol next to them indicating they will be deleted soon. Couldn't really find a sollution though so thought I'd ask on here.

Anyone think If I phoned Matsui they'd be able to update it? Doubt it as it has no service port or anything on the back.

Kymmy
19-08-2009, 21:59
Doubt if Matsui could update but you never know, they might have a special key combination to initiate such an update

nodrogd
19-08-2009, 23:41
The update transmission schedule can be found HERE (http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php).

But, as your box is a few years old I dont think you'll be lucky. Your best bet is to find a TV repair shop that has a Matsui diagnostic CAM with the latest update on it.

Misterguitar
20-08-2009, 09:51
Update:
After posting on here I found an e-mail address for Matsui and dropped them a mail about this. I got a reply first thing this morning....

Hi Stuart,

We did perform some over air downloads in June to fix this BBC issue. Unfortunately
we are probably not going to be doing any more until next year.

Sorry not to have an immediate fix.

Kind regards

Liz