PDA

View Full Version : And then they go and spoil it all... great service then they screw up!

ozziestu
19-08-2009, 21:13
Last week I posted about how I received good service from the 50meg support team and how they impressed.

Today an engineer was due to visit as arranged to sort out the issues. Booked in between 4 and 7 I put off some family time (to the annoyance of my wife and kids) and waited patiently with a view to finally putting 2 weeks of poor speeds to rest. I anticipated no further issues - get things sorted and move on I thought.

The engineer didn't turn up. Not only didn't he turn up but he failed to let me know. That in itself is bad enough but only yesterday I gave tech support my mobile number (which btw i don't usually give to any utility). They texted me to confirm the appointment but they couldn't do the same to say they weren't coming.

I complained to some indian guy who seemed only interested in rebooking his engineer. Of course he sincerely apologised. Of course he didn't really deviate from his script. I spoke to a manager who went through the same routine. Yada yada yada. No explanation WHY he didn't turn up or WHY no one called me to let me know. Nothing.

So to the helpful UK staff who frequent this forum (and whom I was so pleased to compliment last week) please explain why this happened, who can I complain to, and more importantly for me is for you to pass on this feeling of anger to your superiors that on this occasion I feel completely let down by your company. Because this incident is the culmination of two weeks of very poor installation issues, poor speeds and now recently, wireless dropouts from what appears to be the most useless router I have ever used.

Hopefully when training your staff about customer care, perhaps you could include a section for the engineers to spare a thought for the inocent customer. Don't assume they don't mind being arsed around because I can tell you a different story.

Is it really too much to expect such a simple thing as a utility company who I pay money to, to turn up and get my service working? I don't think so.

On this occasion, CRAP service Virgin. Naughty naughty.

Mr Angry :mad::mad::mad:

*sloman*
19-08-2009, 21:22
Call back(9-5 as you should get UK) and stay cool and calm (always helps) and ask for a good will gesture from VM for wasting your time. maybe free BB for a month or 2.

I also hate dealing with foreign call centres but i used to work in a call centre myself and when you get "Mr Angry" calling up shouting telling you it your fault etc... it gets your back up. now i'm not saying be a push over, be assertive but friendly, the associate will be more willing to help.

ozziestu
20-08-2009, 08:58
Hi *sloman*

I'm never, ever Mr Angry on the phone. I too used to be in a call centre and appreciate that its not good to scream.

I guess if i'd written the post today i probably would have been more reasoned but there is no excuse for poor service. I'll be in touch with someone today to sort it out. I would be happier if someone held up their hands and said 'we screwed up' but all i could get out of them last night was to get me to rebook and I got the impression they didn't give a stuff for me as a customer.

Thanks for the reply anyway

Oz (not so angry this morning!)

PhilThomas
20-08-2009, 12:19
Think of the situation of the guy you spoke to in India.
He probably cycled 10 miles to work, in a monsoon, to earn a pittance of a wage, to help support his family, who live in mud huts.
He then get's someone from the UK, (where he would love to live) ring him up and complain about how slow his broadbandings connection is and how the appointment was missed ....... when you look at things from his point of view, he probably doesn't give a stuff :D

*sloman*
20-08-2009, 12:24
speak to retentions 01642 191200 or search on here: http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

ozziestu
20-08-2009, 12:55
Think of the situation of the guy you spoke to in India.
He probably cycled 10 miles to work, in a monsoon, to earn a pittance of a wage, to help support his family, who live in mud huts.
He then get's someone from the UK, (where he would love to live) ring him up and complain about how slow his broadbandings connection is and how the appointment was missed ....... when you look at things from his point of view, he probably doesn't give a stuff :D

Lol - puts it into perspective really. 'Broadbandings - that made me chuckle:).

Anyway awaiting a call back from complaints so we'll see what happens. I'm quite realistic and know there's not much can be done but at least I vented my anger on here instead of down someone's ear lobes. I'll see about some account credit, ask for the probs to be sorted and bob's your uncle it all works out right in the end... :rolleyes::)

Thanks to all for listening.

...and relax.......

PhilThomas
20-08-2009, 13:30
Glad it put a smile on your face :)

They are lovely people, but they just haven't got a clue .... look at this gr8 guy

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/08/17.jpg

Ignitionnet
20-08-2009, 15:23
Would you be interested in switching your providings Phil?

It's a better dealings than your current dealings.

PhilThomas
20-08-2009, 18:40
LOL ......... only if it comes with free ringdings :D