PDA

View Full Version : wnr2000 router help

colin1234
19-08-2009, 18:13
Don`t know if any one can help? just had my broadband installed 20Mb,and i`m getting on average about 10Mb connected by ethernet and my son upstairs is having mega problems getting his pc,Xbox 360 and I pod to stay connected wirelessly,just keep loosing connection?
Also what does the WPS button on the front of the router do?
Don`t really want to spend hours on the phone to virgin if it is a quick fix,
As you may have worked out i know very little about these "new fangled things" :)
Many thanks
colin1234

Matt-08
20-08-2009, 20:25
The WPS button activates the Wi-Fi protected function. You don't really need it, it basically just means you can connect devices to your router without having to enter a password.

If you're having trouble with wireless, it could be a interference problem and I recommend you change the channel your router is operating on for starters.

colin1234
20-08-2009, 23:04
The WPS button activates the Wi-Fi protected function. You don't really need it, it basically just means you can connect devices to your router without having to enter a password.

If you're having trouble with wireless, it could be a interference problem and I recommend you change the channel your router is operating on for starters.

Many thanks for that i`ll try that and see what happens
cheers
colin1234