PDA

View Full Version : STILL waiting........

KH85
19-08-2009, 16:20
Hi,

I recently moved into a Flat (converted from a house) and phoned up virgin media to get it installed only to be told i was in a non serviceable area (even though every other person around me has virgin media!) it took me a few attempts to convince them otherwise.... so anyway i get a 'spotter' sent out to look and see if i can have it installed and he says YES so i sign all the contracts and pay the installation charges ect..... this was on 28/07/09....

So i get my installation date 08/08/09 - thats fine! BUT a no show by the engineer - phone up get told they left me a voicemail message the day before telling me the date has changed to 19/08/09 [they DIDNT!!] (i upgraded to a V+ box so i assume that is the reason for the change?!?!?) anyhow ok 19th it is!

Then on the 18th i get a phone call telling me that my flat is 'unserviceable' so i phone them up after work and proceed to tell them that it isnt, i speak the engineer that said it was 'unserviceable' and explain it all and am currently awaiting for a sales rep AGAIN (between 3 and 4 - BUT its 4:15 :mad:)

IS THIS NORMAL????????????? So annoyed wasted days off work and ALOT of my time for NOTHING SO FAR!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ALL i want is the 50Mb BB and this is how they deal with people! :mad:

virgin_tech
19-08-2009, 20:19
sorry KH85,
if you read a few posts on here you will find out that if you haven't already got a Cable box attached to you house and you need a brand new drop cable, then i'm afraid it is normal..

read the post called. Oh Dear... by mikegreen

this may help

mikegreen
20-08-2009, 08:33
IS THIS NORMAL????????????? So annoyed wasted days off work and ALOT of my time for NOTHING SO FAR!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ALL i want is the 50Mb BB and this is how they deal with people! :mad:

Sadly it is the norm for some of us.

My situation is slightly different but am getting the same shoddy service, well actually no service whatsover, just a lot of talk and wasted time and money calling their 0845 number!.
I'm hanging in there (just about) and will be calling them again in a minute.

I'm really looking forward to being subjected to some more Michael Jackson...:td: