PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Green Cabinet Wide Open

Milambar
19-08-2009, 14:56
Looks like the Chavs have been at the cabinet on the corner of Lynton Avenue, Urmston, Manchester M41 6WW. Thankfully this isn't the cabinet that supplies me, but it does supply the next road over. Perhaps someone needs to go and close it up before the local idiots damage the stuff inside?

Ben B
19-08-2009, 14:57
Looks like the Chavs have been at the cabinet on the corner of Lynton Avenue, Urmston, Manchester M41 6WW. Thankfully this isn't the cabinet that supplies me, but it does supply the next road over. Perhaps someone needs to go and close it up before the local idiots damage the stuff inside?

Report it via newsgroup support and they pass it on to the right people :)

Matt-08
20-08-2009, 18:10
How do you know it was chavs?

Milambar
20-08-2009, 18:55
I live in Manchester, m8. Chav capital of the world, or so it feels at times. 99% of the time, its chavs.

punky
20-08-2009, 19:34
Report it via newsgroup support and they pass it on to the right people :)

What's the address mate?

LaineY
20-08-2009, 20:27
How do you know it was chavs?

Getting on the defensive side :P you a chav?

Im sure if you pm one of our guys with the following

Cabinet Ref (if you know it)
Location Postcode in full
City, Town or Village.
A 2 point location
(For eg on the corner of such and such joining onto such and such road) :P
Your name
Your Telephone number
Your Postcode
Your Address
If you want to be kept anon forget about the last 4 :P

KingDaveRa
20-08-2009, 20:32
It'd be nice if VM had a web form where you could report such things.

Peter_
20-08-2009, 20:41
Here is a phone number 0870 888 3116

Or you could try this http://www.fixmystreet.com/

Matt-08
20-08-2009, 21:14
Getting on the defensive side :P you a chav?

Certainly not, just thought the generalisation wasn't needed.

nodrogd
20-08-2009, 23:03

You mean this one ?

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/cabinet.html

Milambar
21-08-2009, 02:30
Its already been reported via the newsgroups, I reported it yesterday, after Ben B suggested that.

*sloman*
21-08-2009, 11:25
About 3yrs ago a bus crashed into our green cab, ripped it completely out of the ground, the bus driver was drunk. Only took NTL 2 days to repair but about 6-7 NTL vans turned up to fix it!

Matt-08
21-08-2009, 11:28
Are the cabinets supposed to have numbers?

They don't round here....

Zhadnost
21-08-2009, 15:44
Just round the corner, some vandals opened a BT manhole and cut through all the cables, leaving most of an industrial estate without telephone lines.

There were 3 Openreach Vans parked by the nearest (BT) green box and the street where the manhole cover was, was full of them.

AFAICT, the only phone line that was working on the whole estate was the one where I was working. (had 20 lines coming into that building and we were only using 1). The unit next door (warehouse) work ground to a halt because no-one was being sent instructions on what to do.

I never did find out why it happened, maybe someone was planning on robbing the DHL building.

KingDaveRa
21-08-2009, 18:21
You mean this one ?

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/cabinet.html

Oo, there we go :D

Ignitionnet
22-08-2009, 09:08
Certainly not, just thought the generalisation wasn't needed.

Not a generalisation more a statement of fact. In the not so lovely areas in residential streets most of the cabinet vandalism is chavs and other varieties of **** breaking into the cabinets to connect / reconnect themselves so that they can steal TV and/or internet service. :)

Doesn't happen here fortunately, virtually chav free zone and the network architecture here is very similar to the US / Canadian underground distributions, instead of a green cabinet with all the taps in it's a cabinet with a line extender amplifier in then taps every few houses, underground, along the line.

Zhadnost
22-08-2009, 09:36
Cute, doesn't that lead to noise though?

Ignitionnet
22-08-2009, 11:34
Cute, doesn't that lead to noise though?

Depends, but then what do people doing this know or care?