PDA

View Full Version : connections for wii and xbox 360

adrianbexcoys
18-08-2009, 16:50
Hi all, i have a xbox 360 connected via component cable and optical cable. With getting a wii what is the best way to connect that up aswell. If i get a splitter will that all work ok. At the moment i only have the 3 leads connected for the 360 but as i understand i will have to have all 5 connected for the wii as it doesnt have an optical output. Does the xbox 360 sound still play thru the optical if all 5 leads are connected??????? Thanks:):):)

pabscars
18-08-2009, 16:59
If your TV has HDMI input then connect your xbox to that, which should then free things up for your Wii,

I dont know about the optical as Ive never used it on my xbox but give it a go, if all else fails just keep your xbox the same and plug your Wii in via scart or red, white, yellow leads.

I know its not the best but at least you will still be able to have a play on your Wii

adrianbexcoys
18-08-2009, 17:05
Hi thanks for your reply. Yeah my tv is hd but my xbox 360 isnt the one where you connect via hd or have i missed something?? I have used a component splitter before when i had a dvd player connected to it aswell as the 360 but both were connected via optical cable so didnt have all 5 leads connected. Just need to know whether it would still play the sound thru optical if all cables were connected. Cheers tho :):)

Tezcatlipoca
18-08-2009, 22:04
Yeah, the 360 will still output the audio over the optical connection even if the L&R audio plugs on the component cable are used.