PDA

View Full Version : ADSL National limits link please

hoohim
18-08-2009, 11:39
I remember from about a year ago that there was a link to the definitive when you could download and when you shouldnt, and the mb allowances before you get managed. I gather these have changed, does anybody have the info or link? :dunce:
Thanks in advance.

BenMcr
18-08-2009, 12:09
The current manangement policy is here

http://www.virgin.net/allyours/faqs/trafficManagementFAQ.html

But the new products are sold by usage now (as they will all give you the fastest speed possible on your line) so you also need to take this into account

http://www.virgin.net/allyours/broadband/monthlyDownload.html

Ignitionnet
18-08-2009, 12:22
I remember from about a year ago that there was a link to the definitive when you could download and when you shouldnt, and the mb allowances before you get managed. I gather these have changed, does anybody have the info or link? :dunce:
Thanks in advance.

There are no amounts specified, they take the top 5% of users and throttle them whether that top 5% use 100GB each or 100MB during the monitored period.

Bit cheeky charging people for usage then also telling them when and how they can use those GB imho.

dilli-theclaw
18-08-2009, 12:27
No no - customer services insisted that as I have now taken the unlimited Internet package there is NO stm at any time day or night on that package. In fact I even phoned back yesterday to be told the same thing by another representitive.

Of course if that were to be untrue I guess I'd have to go elsewhere ;)

Ignitionnet
18-08-2009, 12:33
No no - customer services insisted that as I have now taken the unlimited Internet package there is NO stm at any time day or night on that package. In fact I even phoned back yesterday to be told the same thing by another representitive.

Of course if that were to be untrue I guess I'd have to go elsewhere ;)

Yeah right, unlimited 20Mbit DSL at 15GBP/month which if I recall is similar to the previous pricing which was most certainly throttled.

I'd hammer it and see what happens :)

dilli-theclaw
18-08-2009, 12:36
8Mbit (I can't get the spanky 20Mbit ;))..... I do get 6.5Mbit consistantly when I've not been naughty ;)

But yes, I was told that I can do as much downloading as and when I want day and night without stm from the 19th when my new contract takes effect.

hoohim
18-08-2009, 13:17
I've not downloaded anything between between 4pm till midnight weekdays and 10am till midnight weekends for the past 12 months in case my pc blows up or something according to Virgin, but I think it's a case of trying it out and see if I get throttled. Thank you all.