PDA

View Full Version : no dial tone but other peole can here ringing if they phone.

dr aardvark
16-08-2009, 14:02
just recently, must be the last day or two, i have no dial tone but if i call the number from another phone it rings (but not the actual phone in my house, if you know what i mean).
i checked the connections and tried a different home phone but still not working.
is there anything else to try or should i just contact virgin?

Ben B
16-08-2009, 14:36
just recently, must be the last day or two, i have no dial tone but if i call the number from another phone it rings (but not the actual phone in my house, if you know what i mean).
i checked the connections and tried a different home phone but still not working.
is there anything else to try or should i just contact virgin?

Contact Virgin, sounds like something has broken in the exchange, happened to me when I moved house and the engineer sorted it from the exchange, didn't even have to come round to the house.

Mr_Moo
17-08-2009, 12:50
That's perfectly normal for it to ring, but not at the premises. What you hear is the ringing at the exchange.

Perfectly normal when there's a no dial tone fault, I mean ;)

julieandrews
22-08-2009, 09:12
I@ve got exactly the same at the moment, realised last night when I tried to ring someone but it may have started a few days before that as I don't use my landline much. I'm in north inner(ish) London