PDA

View Full Version : Log on problems

Hornet
14-08-2009, 08:47
Never had this problem before my BB seems to be working fine in that I can get to post on here. But I cannot access any online banking pages when I choose log on I just get unable to connect page. This is on all credit card / banking and some forums, it won't let me log in.

Anyone know what is causing this problem? Thanks very much

This is what I get even on Amazon when choosing 'go to checkout'

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Kymmy
14-08-2009, 09:13
Sounds like HTTPS pages are being stopped or redirected.

Hornet
14-08-2009, 14:37
What can I do about it as still doing it :(

Turned of modem and turned on again same.

Thanks

Ben B
14-08-2009, 14:44
Have you tried a different browser as it could be SSL settings in Internet Explorer that are causing the problems. Try a different browser e.g. firefox www.mozilla.com (http://www.mozilla.com) and see if it does it in that, if not then we'll look at SSL settings.

Hornet
14-08-2009, 15:17
Firefox works fine thanks. So does that mean my IE is busted? I checked the security settings and SSL & TLS were checked.

Is firefox better? Is there anyway to get all my bookmarks from IE to firefox?

Thanks at least I can now access bank accout via firefox!

Ben B
14-08-2009, 15:20
In Firefox to import Bookmarks, just click File > Import. It's down to preference whether you think firefox is better, personally I prefer Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer to fix the issue, try clicking Tools > Internet Options, go to the Advanced tab and click Reset. You may lose bookmarks doing this so import them into firefox first :)

Ben :)

Hornet
14-08-2009, 15:30
Didn't work. Any other ideas for fixing IE. All sites work on FF, but would like to fix IE :(

Ben B
14-08-2009, 15:35
Didn't work. Any other ideas for fixing IE. All sites work on FF, but would like to fix IE :(

What Internet Explorer Version are you using? Help > About Internet Explorer

Kymmy
14-08-2009, 15:35
Which version of IE? If 7 or 8 then try uninstalling or updating

georgepomone
14-08-2009, 15:41
Hi,
I get this occasionally, I go- Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Reset.
You may have to re-enter the security settings but try first.
George.

Hornet
14-08-2009, 15:46
Done the reset didn't work. Still can't access online banking etc, but can on FF.

Using IE 8 any ideas?

Thanks very much all who've tried to fix for me.

I presume this has something to do with it when I choose resolve :-

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
warn HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The supplied certificate is invalid
warn HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.passport.net: The supplied certificate is invalid
info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.

Ben B
14-08-2009, 15:49
You could try uninstalling and re-installing....

Kymmy
14-08-2009, 16:46
Firewall?

Joedm45
14-08-2009, 16:54
I would personally stick with Firefox, I'm told by IT bods that it is more secure than IE and has less bugs, but then again I'm not a huge microsoft fan lol

Hornet
14-08-2009, 17:55
Firewall settings haven't changed. mystery to me. At least FF has sorted it all thanks very much. I will uninstall and install and see what happens!