PDA

View Full Version : 50mb

davies1977
13-08-2009, 16:36
Hi, just had 50mb installed yesterday!!! God, it's good, but to get 'good' I have encountered various problems on the various laptops!!! Firstly, it wasn't picking up the wireless connection and it constantly stated no connectivity and it kept cutting out when I would use the Internet!! I phoned the help desk twice yesterday and they were both useless!!! The patronizing overseas 'so called' technicians apparantly said my laptop could not cope with the 'n' router or it was a fault on the laptop (Although the previous day wireless was working perfectly fine at my brothers!!!)!! Now, if I was not wise, I could have gone to a computer shop and paid a fee for them to look at the computer to realise their was no problem!!!
The non over seas Technician I spoke to today was brilliant and sorted out why the wireless kept cutting out - the dell and Toshiba laptop wireless facility and the windows wireless facility were fighting it out to detect the recognised wireless signal (I know it's not technical and apologize if incorrect, but that's how he simplified it as!!!) - problem sorted and super speed!!!
My main point is, as my wife clearly states, if she had listened to the over seas technician she would have gone to a computer shop and wanted to know what the problem was, even though there was no problem - I thought the computer technicians were suppose to know what they were talking about or is it an issue with training or cheap labour!!!! Who knows, but it is frustrating!!!!

Love 50 mb, although average between 30 and 40 mb and upload 1.5 mb - I am happy!!!