PDA

View Full Version : They didn't fix the wires tightly to the wall outside...

Pia
12-08-2009, 09:50
...and my dog discovered them. :Yikes:

How much will they charge me to repair??

Or, how can i get out of paying for the repair?! :D

They're down to the bare threads, but still working, but the TV freezes when they're moved, i've done my best to raise them, but don't know how to mend it, not that i'd try to :shrug:.

Peter_
12-08-2009, 10:01
...and my dog discovered them. :Yikes:

How much will they charge me to repair??

Or, how can i get out of paying for the repair?! :D

They're down to the bare threads, but still working, but the TV freezes when they're moved, i've done my best to raise them, but don't know how to mend it, not that i'd try to :shrug:.
Just call in and say that it keeps going off and that you are not sure what has happened to it and if it is just an internal cable the engineer should just replace it.

Plus with you being pregnant you can look helpless in his eyes which will help.

Call in on 151 from a Virgin phone or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone.

Pia
12-08-2009, 10:05
Ooh good idea, but what if the blokey comes and realises it's been dog chewed, will he tell them to charge to my account? :Yikes:

Dai
12-08-2009, 10:07
Ooh good idea, but what if the blokey comes and realises it's been dog chewed, will he tell them to charge to my account? :Yikes:

Who knows *which* dog chewed them? Blame a passing canine vandal..

Pia
12-08-2009, 10:10
My garden is enclosed but not totally private, i.e it backs onto a footpath, rather than other gardens so that might work.

I guess i could hide my dog for the day :D

I'm actually annoyed because i knew the wires weren't fixed to the wall properly but i didn't do anything about it. I remember having a moan about it one day then forgetting about it, but my pup is into everything and misses nothing:rolleyes:

zing_deleted
12-08-2009, 10:10
I would argue if they were never fitted correctly in the first place how can you be responsible for it now?

Say it must have been a rat as a neighbour used to leave fresh rubbish outside

I take it this is where the cable comes from under the ground upto your box? to keep the dog away from it for now spinkle vinegar around the area dogs hate vinegar

Pia
12-08-2009, 10:11
I could blame rats :D If i miss the bins again this week it might actually be the truth :LOL:

zing_deleted
12-08-2009, 10:12
I would say great minds think alike but your a typical blonde so I cant say that lol lol

Pia
12-08-2009, 10:12
I would argue if they were never fitted correctly in the first place how can you be responsible for it now?

Say it must have been a rat as a neighbour used to leave fresh rubbish outside

I take it this is where the cable comes from under the ground upto your box? to keep the dog away from it for now spinkle vinegar around the area dogs hate vinegar

Yeah it's quite a long wire though, i'll try taking a pic when i get back this afternoon. Didn't know about the vinegar, not keen on sprinkling liquid on these bare wires though :rofl:

zing_deleted
12-08-2009, 10:13
so what happens when it rains ;)

if they are long enough they could cut the broken bit away and reconnect it. Hassle them today